·
Registered
35,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
17,888 Posts
I don't know if unemployment pay is still boosted.

People are now getting an advance on their income tax childcare credit. People are going to freak out when they don't get their tax refund next year, and heaven forbid they actually owe tax payments,
I'm also not looking forward to the April 15 riot of 2022. What are these people in Washington thinking?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I don’t know why. Just know it’s awful trying to find workers.
Guess myself and other farmers and sawmills around here are the exception. My workers make double the min. wage and work less than 40 hours a week. I pay their insurance cost and more pay for the increase in products they produce. Get 20 or more apprecations for work per week. Good pay works for my help. When a young college lady can make 22 bucks an hour and feed stock they will work 7 days a week part-time.

·
Registered
17,888 Posts
Guess myself and other farmers and sawmills around here are the exception. My workers make double the min. wage and work less than 40 hours a week. I pay their insurance cost and more pay for the increase in products they produce. Get 20 or more apprecations for work per week. Good pay works for my help. When a young college lady can make 22 bucks an hour and feed stock they will work 7 days a week part-time.
Do they have WC?

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
I do what I think is the most cost effective. Sometimes you have to pay the going rate. I like to do the repairs and save the dollars when possible...

·
Registered
564 Posts
I start my guys at 12 bucks a hour , then they can show me what they can do .
Some guys don’t make it to lunch time , some guys get bumped to 15 on the first day .
It seams like 15 bucks to start os ok pay .
if they are not worth that money on day one I just keep looking .
To live in my area a guy needs to make 20/ 25 bucks to stay alive , a good guy with some all round construction experience gets 30/35 $ I pay my self to work on the jobs 50$ an hour
And I make any profit after overhead .
I should charge more but it get real hard to find customers if I charge much more .
Ps I’ve been working with my daughter for a year and a half but she is back to school so I’m solo now ,
I’m starting a paver wall tomaro by my self ☹ It’s a lot of work at 60 years old .
I’m going to have to step up my search for help .👍

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I have been doing some research on this perplexing jobs report. But, my initial conclusion is Wuflu vaccine mandates in government jobs are making people quit those jobs and going to greener pastures where citizens can make their own healthcare decisions.

·
Registered
35,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I have been doing some research on this perplexing jobs report. But, my initial conclusion is Wuflu vaccine mandates in government jobs are making people quit those jobs and going to greener pastures where citizens can make their own healthcare decisions.
That explains the loss in G jobs

Funny how that ain't in the news

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Maybe the Covid shot has an affect on the work gene?

·
Registered
12,340 Posts
That explains the loss in G jobs

Funny how that ain't in the news
What you are referring to isn't news any more than an AR15 is an assault rifle.
MSM is propaganda for the passive mind and the room for discussion about it ended a long time ago.
I know you know that and it isn't a nitpick. We all fall into the habit of referring to "the news" as if there was still a one stop shop.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I believe a major reason "there are no workers" for jobs is the constant barrage of media that states "it's not a living wage" for entry level jobs. That message has carried over into jobs that do require some skill, knowledge or proof that you know your way around basic job skills such as showing up on time and following directions.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well I don’t want any one to starve , but how much could some one pay for work on there house .
Kids want 18 bucks a hour to watch me work , I just can’t get paying work to afford that
plus they need health bennies and I have to pay there tax burden .
They get 17 bucks an hour to work at lego land a kids park , they hang around texting and
Chasing girls , I may have to hut up a job down there my self .
I can text with the best of them , they are like small children. Arrrrrrrrrrr now I’m all pissey thinking about it .
I’m heading out to work now on a sunday ☹

·
Registered
35,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
OK, no Dahs when I say this

I bet people are not going back to work because they are scared of the Covid, It is a Covid Panic.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Some guys don’t make it to lunch time , some guys get bumped to 15 on the first day .
To live in my area a guy needs to make 20/ 25 bucks to stay alive , a good guy with some all round construction experience gets 30/35 $ I pay my self to work on the jobs 50$ an hour
I should charge more but it get real hard to find customers if I charge much more .
Ps I’ve been working with my daughter for a year and a half but she is back to school so I’m solo now ,
I’m starting a paver wall tomaro by my self ☹ It’s a lot of work at 60 years old .
I’m going to have to step up my search for help .👍
I pay very good for my help. . No problem keeping good help here. Sawmill workers, Farm workers. I paid their insurance and for overtime also for week-end work. 60 years young, you are just getting started:)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I’m starting a paver wall tomaro by my self It’s a lot of work at 60 years old .
I’m going to have to step up my search for help .
I feel you. I'm the youngest on my crew when I partner up. 53. I'm also the muscle. And the only one who can work above my shoulders for any length of time.

Can't get decent help. Today I had to hump drywall up an old low ceilinged long Victorian staircase solo. Other guys knees would be shot if he helped.

It wasn't too bad, but it still sucked, and I'm hosed for the night. When I do that stuff, I try to run, just to mess with the other guys. Hopefully I'll still be mobile in the morning.

Need help, could push tons of work, but couldn't get to it all if I did without more help.

I'd pay a skilled guy 25 to 30 bucks an hour if he showed up even remotely on time and only put in 6 hours a day.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I was still fast at 53 , at 60 not so much .
i was digging mostly the last 3 days .
I’m shooting grad and jumping in and out of my excavator running drain lines and setting up for a 50’ retaining wall.
then I’m cutting wood from 430 to dark .
last nite I thought I was having a hart attack took some aspirin and a toms ant acid and went to bed .
I woke up this morning sooooooo it must of been hart burn from the Buffalo wings I had for dinner .
Tomaro I’m laying up some concrete block , more fire wood hauling .
Getting old sucks I have a jack hammer rented for some weekend fun at my cabin .
I have to hammer out my garage floor to find a 4” conduit that is crushed so I can run a water line from the well head ☹ I really don’t know where the workers went to 🤷‍♂️

41 - 60 of 94 Posts