Can't find dress pants for teen boy

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by longshadowfarms, Sep 4, 2005.

1. longshadowfarms

longshadowfarms Well-Known Member

My 13 yr old son is TALL and THIN! I need dress pants for an upcoming wedding - waist size 28 by inseam 32. I have looked all over and found only 1 pr of jeans close to that size - they were 28x30 and a bit short. I've checked Walmart, JC Penney, Sears, Old Navy, online Cabelas, Target and L.L. Bean. Everything in the stores is Husky. Boy's sizes go only to 18 and it is virtually impossible to find slim in an 18. Even then, I'm not sure it would fit - I think that is just a hair small and the wedding is still a few months away. I'm sure he's not planning to stop growing between now and then. Men's sizes seem to start at 30 waist which is way too big on him. 28 waist is loose. Anyone have tall, thin teens that has ideas where to look or what to do? Heaven forbid I have to pull out a sewing machine but I may get that desparate!

2. Simpler1773

Simpler1773 Well-Known Member

I did a search on ebay for mens 28x32 pants and came up with two pairs of khakis, one was under $3! Would that work?

Ricki

3. 4sarge

4sarge Well-Known Member

I did a prior search for a friend who told me that she wanted to buy Men's 28 waist pants (I forgot the length) on-line and found many places to purchase them from. She said that she used to be able to buy them in store but no more. Lots of different sizes to choose from and I guess just too many for most stores to carry in house. Prices varied from cheap to high and these were specifically Dickie's brand.

4. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Try Mr Suit or the Mens Wharehouse they stock every size for Men and Boys both.

5. DAVID In Wisconsin

DAVID In Wisconsin Well-Known Member

Same size here. E-bay has kept me in new clothes cheaply for about 3 years now.

6. Lilandra

Lilandra talk little, listen much

wal-mart, jc pennys, target...

all these places have school uniform pants (heavy twill kahki,navy and black) for sale and they come in teenager sizes for reansonalbe prices.

try kohls & sears too - they have dockers and more in young mens sizes that are always on sale.

good luck - I've been there too...

7. townmouse

townmouse Well-Known Member

www.frenchtoast.com School uniforms, I'm pretty sure they have teen sizes. Good sales from time to time!

8. DW

DW plains of Colorado Supporter

I used to get the 30 waist and put two tucks in the back...I am happy to say he can now wear a 30 (easier to find). We just got some at target and the 30's w/no front tuck were pretty slim.

9. ScoutFinch

ScoutFinch Member

I'm in the same boat with tall, slim sons. My 13 yo doesn't have the same inseam but I've have a heck of a time finding size 28 pants for school. (dress code.) All the in stock pants are husky because they want us to see their underpants. For future reference lands end is my favorite site. I check out their close outs and "on the ticker" stuff. It's clearance.

The number one place for cheap dress clothes is Goodwill, tho. The dressy clothes were only worn a couple of times usually.