Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
in memoriam
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't/Dosent any one know how to read any more. The fuel pump on my 5000 ford gas tractor stopped working. My brother suggested I contact Broken Tractor to see if they have the fuel pump as he has had good luck getting parts for his MF 65.

Here is what I sent them.
On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:17 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Name: Al
Email: [email protected]
Make: Ford 1965 gas
Model: 5000
Part(s) Needed: Fuel pump.

Here is their reply.
Al,

Are you looking for the transfer pump or injection pump? Â

Thanks for using our web site!

Best Regards,

Nick Hoth
Broken Tractor
Toll Free - (800) 909-7060

Fax - (225) 612-7562
Email - [email protected]

Web - www.brokentractor.com

:D Al

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
This happens to me all the time. Since we have no land lines and only subscribe to a limited minutes cell plan, I try to do everything I can through email. It never ceases to amaze me how often the reply to my questions makes it glaringly obvious they did not read what I wrote at all. I usually mention that to them in my reply. Something along the lines of "the answers to all of the questions you just asked me can be found in the text of my original email to you. Please take the time to read it."

·
in memoriam
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already got the reply they don't carry the pump I need.

Guess it is going to be Steiner's as I can drive there for less than most places charge for shipping.

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
Put a universal electric fuel pump designed for a carburetor on the tractor. Should be available at any auto parts business or off ebay. Cost is cheap for the part.

·
in memoriam
12,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought of a electric fuel pump. I told my brother I don't know where I got the Idea I could get one for less than the 40.00 most places want for the maniacal one.

·
Registered
637 Posts
any New Holland dealer has parts for Ford tractors in stock. also you can look up part numbers at New Holland dot com. closest dealer to me is 2 hours so I buy a lot of parts for our Fords on line nowadays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts