What Is Your Household Income

• Under $20,000 a year

• Uner $40,000

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on material things. Been reading in the local paper and even on this forum and I think that I am the only one..that feels poor !!:cow: Husband is now retired and I work a couple days a week now and people sure do seem to make a $l00,000 or more in todays world. My sister goes to the mall and "grazes" through the stores and buys this or that when the feeling strikes her and when she gives me her "old" towels for our animals in the barn..they go into my bathroom. I feel very fortunate in so many ways that I really don't or shouldn't complain at all..but I think I am the minority sometimes.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really wanted post to say..Over $40,000 but we'll see what everyone post. Anxious to see what the average homesteader makes now a days..

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
We're in the over $40,000 annual group, but we still are very careful with our spending.

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
the day I quit working 8 yrs. ago...our income fell to a bit below $40,000. sure..it was REALLY nice to have big extra bucks, but we're not sorry to leave all the stress of it behind. now I'm home, and home is much nicer. my hubby would rather have the nice home life than the wife too tired to care. so...in this day of material loves...we're not rockin. lol but we're happy. we live cheap...VERY cheap...so we still have some to stash away. :) and if need be, we know darn well we could live on wayyyyyyyyyy less. so..guess we're in the poor range...but we don't care.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
I don't think it is a fair comparison. People who live in different parts of the country all have a very different cost of living. Our cost of living in WA is very high and we are in the under $45000 income bracket which makes us low income here.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
We're over 40K. We pretty much started from scratch when we got married seven years ago and we both work full time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow,I actually feel better now.We are actually quite a bit under the 20,000 mark.We don't really want for anything.We have a house,cars mostly everything most people have.The only thing I'd like to have is health insurance but thats not an option with my health.But yeah,Go Me!I'm better with money than I thought.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
We're poor, but can make a penny scream.
LOL! I love that!

For our income in 2007, it was over $42,000. I smell an audit coming :rolleyes: because our income this year should be under $12,000 by the end of December. It's not been easy, but we kick ourselves in the behind when we made that kind of money and have nothing to show for it.

Ah, we'll just start from the beginning and work our way up :D School for both of us (learned a hard lesson--NOT at the same time!) and the hubby handling the bills for the first time...he's the one to make the penny scream :D

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Now that I'm back to work and things are picking up, I'm in the over $40,000 range, and I'm single. However, I was really sick and didn't work for several years and am paying off massive medical bills and still spend a good chunk on medicine every month, and I also have no insurance. I lost my health, my job, my insurance, my car, and my house in that order, lol. It may take 10 years to get back to start, so yeah I live pretty poorly, but I'm just glad I AM living, and I'm getting better and better all the time. I have a lot to be thankful for. :)

·
Premium Member
2,835 Posts
Now that I'm back to work and things are picking up, I'm in the over $40,000 range, and I'm single. However, I was really sick and didn't work for several years and am paying off massive medical bills and still spend a good chunk on medicine every month, and I also have no insurance. I lost my health, my job, my insurance, my car, and my house in that order, lol. It may take 10 years to get back to start, so yeah I live pretty poorly, but I'm just glad I AM living, and I'm getting better and better all the time. I have a lot to be thankful for. :)
You go, Girl! :sing:

Stef

·
Registered
473 Posts
Household income >Before< OR >After< payroll deductions? We are over 40K together but not in the bringhome dept.
I have made over 40K myself in the past but with the collapse of the economy I make way less gross (but have more time) but the takehome isnt as much less. Guess I work less supporting the government.
Tom

·
If I need a Shelter
21,614 Posts
Dang I thought we had it hard.Went from $85K to $40K,but blow every penny of it.Dang now I feel like an outsider.:(

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
We don't make as much as we did when I was a stockbroker, but our outflow is so much less, and our income much more diversified, that it feels like we make a lot more than we do.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts