Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
just me
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies, and gentlemen if you wish, yesterday I was at the K-Mart near where I work and they had Ball lids and both liquid and dry pectin on clearance. I bought all the liquid pectin they had as much as the dry as I could reach and about five boxes of wide mouth lids as I only had a little bit of money on me. I'm having my step mom check out the one by her work tomorrow to see if she can get me more then Wednesday as long as the car is running right will be getting some more while the kids are in Tae Kwon Do at the location near them. I saved over $3 compared to the local grocery store on the bagged pectin alone.

·
just me
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, but I can make up some jelly and use it and not worry about the expiration date. Thanks though.

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
You know, you can make jelly out of wine :D

It makes really nice Christmas gifts, actually -- and is lovely with a roast dinner. Just sayin' :D

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You know, you can make jelly out of wine :D

It makes really nice Christmas gifts, actually -- and is lovely with a roast dinner. Just sayin' :D
Oh, oh--how do you make jelly out of wine? I have about 15 packages of both dry and liquid pectin I can use to make it with the gallon jug of wine :eek: my SIL left behind at Thanskgiving...

·
just me
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you....

·
Formerly Kathleen in AR
1,050 Posts
You are lucky! I can't find much canning stuff here. I did see some jars and lids at the grocery store hidden on a top shelf, but I don't expect to see them go on clearance. What a great find for you! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts