Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one canned these together ? How did they come out ? I am concerned the collards would really mush out with that much time in the canner . Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Vickie, I'm very interested in how this turned out for you. I usually can them separately but end up mixing them together on my plate at supper time!! Greens and blackeyed peas with cornbread is my absolute favorite comfort food.
Hope it worked well, I still have lots in the freezer that I just ran out of time to can. Now I have the time....and would sure like to hear your results.
Thanks, shannon

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Don't know about the collards but I recently ran across this site with instructions on canning dried black eyed peas. I have to admit that I usually stock up store bought cans the end of the year when they're on sale for New Year's Day but this looks easy and cheap. This lady got 10 pints from a two pound bag of black eyed peas.

http://hopingforahomestead.blogspot...howComment=1407794330888#c4234442080605774033

Reactions: toni48

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
I'm curious, too, Vickie. Please let us know.

Just checked the BBB and canning time for either dried beans or greens is the same, so they should turn out just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts