Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes. I haven't bought canned pumpkin for decades, but I found a recipe I want to try.

The small cans of pumpkin are $4.00!

Is there some sort of crop failure or shortage of pumpkins?

I've got fresh pumpkins waiting to be cooked and those were 19 cents a pound, so I will use that instead of buying a can.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Look for the pumpkin pie filling its really squash. Thats great for pumpkin pie one can puree per pie

·
Registered
7 Posts
We're heading into pumpkin spice season, so it should be going on sale. If I can get a 15oz. can for less than $2, I consider that a good deal. I remember the days I could get Libby's for $1, but not anymore. We can't really grow nice pumpkins at my altitude, or I'd be with you and puree my own.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Its still $1 for 15oz can at Aldi, got couple cans last time to town, back in stock. I imagine the Great Value brand at Wally is similar. For some reason my brain wasnt working and emailed my friend if it didnt used to be closer to 49cents. But she said that was few years back. She is right, I got into making pumpkin gravy last winter until stores stopped carrying it. Tried the dehydrated pumpkin powder, but not as good. Seasonal product I guess. But yea it was $1 can last winter, I'd just forgotten. But used to get the large can cheaper and small can was less than 50cents. Dont see the large cans anymore. Oh well just getting old. Sure it was lot cheaper than that when I was kid, probably 10cents or something.

·
STILL not Alice
20,908 Posts
I read that there is some sort of pumpkin shortage in the country, but you can't tell it by the sale on pumpkins here in the Ozarks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts