Canadian drugs

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by amelia, Feb 20, 2005.

1. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

As long as the subject has come up, how does one go about buying meds in Canada?

2. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

You'll need a prescription from your doctor. Once you contact one of the many drugstores (do a google for Canadian drugstores/companies), they'll ask you to fax a copy of the prescription to them. Or some companies will have you do a consultation (extra charge) with one of thier doctors either by phone or online. Seeing your own doctor would be the safer route (face to face).

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

And you'll have to hustle. the American FDA has been majorly complaining to the Canadian gvot. about this cross border drug biz. and it looks as if the Canadian govt. is being forced to either close the trade or tax the sales so they match US drug prices. Stock up people!

4. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

That's right, stock up, or move UP!

And, when you do move up, then guess what, you not only pay less for your drugs: you pay nothing; that's right again, our medical system pays for everything.

See you-all soon,

Alex

OH . . . hmm . . . wait a minute, stay there, then when we get all that extra tax money from YOU, maybe our ridiculously low medical costs will be even lower: what do you think?

And watch out for your FDA, they are about to take over all of our herbal and "natural" medicines and tax and control those too. Do any of you take Gluocosamine, which is on their list, well get ready to pay more.

5. papaw

papaw Well-Known Member

Oh right ...you guys get FREE medical, but look at what it will pay for ... ONLY real medical problems ... MY insurance, while very(very) expensive, will pay for things like ... a psychic medium to let me visit with my long dead pet ... and a child psycholoist for the times I say NO to my niece ... a counselor to help ME deal with saying NO to my niece .... psychology courses to help me understand what the counselor was talking about ....and ..and.. medicine that will help me cope with the trama I suffer when someone takes MY parking place ....and .......... medicine that helps me overcome the medicine I take to help me overcome the medicine that I take ........ WHY ON EARTH WOULD WE WANT TO HAVE JUST SIMPLE MEDICAL COVERAGE????? especially if it was FREE !!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: ooops ...I mean :waa: :waa:

How did we get into this mess? :no: