Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Set an ice cube on the table and watch it. At first for a few minutes it does not appear to be melting at all. Then ever so slowly it starts to melt, still taking quite long but you begin to notice something. The longer it melts the faster it melts until the final bits melt at a shocking rate.

Global Warming is exactly that.

The farther from the peak of the ice age we get the faster the ice melts, taking our climate back to where it was before that. Although man may have slightly increased this rate there is nothing man can do to change it.
Remove all humans from earth today and it would still happen.

So suck it up climate complainers and use your noggins to learn to adapt to it instead of sounding the alarm, giving the Globalist movement an opportunity to seize the moment to force controls over the population.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Push them in a corner with facts and see what they do. They carry around a coin, it has conspiracy on one side and racist on the other.

·
Registered
30,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Push them in a corner with facts and see what they do. They carry around a coin, it has conspiracy on one side and racist on the other.
An unproven idea is ridiculed. A fact is disputed. People fall into few different camps.

BTW - I am Sniff, the first to detect change. I was always in the minority in these little tests and team building classes. It is also the most doubted and ridiculed trait. You learn to live with it.

The entire plot of the book is a metaphor for real-life situations, with the cheese representing a desire in life, such as a promising career, a loving relationship, financial success, health or peace of mind. The maze is a representation of one's current setting, whether it be a workplace or neighborhood. The characters in the story are faced with unexpected challenges, and each character tries to find a way to deal with their unprecedented changes in life until one successfully finds the cheese.

Sniff and Scurry represent the simple and instinctive aspects of mankind, while Hem and Haw represent the complex parts of man. All the characters have their own quirks, allowing readers to relate to them. Reading about how they deal with life situations helps readers determine what they should do in the future when approaching situations that may lead to personal successes in life, or the "cheese."

·
Registered
30,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oddly, everyone accuses me of overthinking everything. In fact, I do.

The simple-minded mice don’t overthink things. They quickly accept the changed situation for what it is, not cursing the world or the environment for its unfairness. They adapt to the change and immediately head out to look for new cheese. And while it takes concerted effort, they eventually find happiness in the form of a huge new pile of cheese. We can learn from this Who Moved My Cheese lesson.

In contrast, the humans Hem and Haw are shocked to lose the cheese. They had felt entitled to it, and they curse the world for its unfairness. They sit around, waiting for the cheese to reappear, and they become increasingly frustrated when it doesn’t. Hem yells, “Who moved my cheese?”

Eventually, hunger gnawing at him, Haw realizes his situation isn’t going to improve unless he changes his attitude and behavior. Going back out to the maze to find new cheese is scary, and it’ll take hard work. But he envisions the joy of finding cheese again, and it pushes him outward. He leaves behind Hem, who refuses to move and continues fuming at the unfairness of his situation. This is another important Who Moved My Cheese lesson.

In his journey, Haw overcomes his psychological barriers to adapting to change. He realizes that his fear of going back out to find new cheese was overblown — he had let the fear build up in his mind, and in reality, it wasn’t that bad. He encounters setbacks in the maze, but he realizes he’s still happier taking control rather than being a victim of his situation. He continues imagining enjoying new cheese, which motivates him to push further. As he learns each of these lessons, he writes messages on the wall for Hem to read, should he ever decide to search for new cheese himself.

Finally, he finds a new giant pile of cheese, even bigger than the first. Sniff and Scurry have already been there for some time, happily enjoying the cheese. Haw reflects on how far he has come since the first cheese pile ran out, and he resolves to treat future change differently, a key Who Moved My Cheese lesson.

Reactions: kinderfeld

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
BB, where to begin. I think best I quit while ahead rather than deal with conspiracies.
But your not ahead! And facts are not conspiracies. Scientists said that we were going to die from freezing to death back in the 70's when i was in high school. What about that? What about the lies told by Michael Mann? The East Anglia email debacle? I worked with Norbert Reedy at the Wilderness Society for a decade, does that experience count? It's all about control, and getting the masses to follow, kind of like...sheep!

·
Registered
30,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
But your not ahead! And facts are not conspiracies. Scientists said that we were going to die from freezing to death back in the 70's when i was in high school. What about that? What about the lies told by Michael Mann? The East Anglia email debacle? I worked with Norbert Reedy at the Wilderness Society for a decade, does that experience count? It's all about control, and getting the masses to follow, kind of like...sheep!
Who makes the money, the sheep or the shepherd?

Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Gotta be careful where you get you info from. Greenland is losing ice mostly from the BOTTOM of the ice sheet due to geothermally active ground upon which it sits. many years, the ice is accumulating. NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses | NASA Total ice in Antarctica is also increasing. As glaciers move towards the sea, the break off, giving the impression of ice loss.

Sea levels are also a mixed bag-- actually falling in some areas of the Pacific Rim. Tracking sea level rise ... and fall | National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (noaa.gov)

The REAL reason sea levels are rising is obviously because Global Warming is killing the coral reefs, and there's no more sponges down there to soak up the extra water. :)

·
Registered
30,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

21 - 33 of 33 Posts