·
Registered
29,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
29,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
18 years after its publication, Dr. John Robson fact-checks the predictions in the Canadian government's 2001 pamphlet warning of increased pollution, falling St. Lawrence water levels, crop failure and other things that should have happened by now. For a transcript of this video including links to some of the sources, please visit

Reactions: doc-

·
Registered
888 Posts
A scientific theory is never intended to be "right" or "wrong," but rather it is either "useful" or "not useful" in predicting future observation, natural or experimental.

Eg- Newton's theory of gravity was extremely useful in planning the trajectory of rocket ships to put men on the moon or for planning the course of space probes intended to to do close fly-bys of four outer planets in succession ovr the course of 10 yrs-- But it can't accurately predict the orbit of Mercury. For that, we need to take in relativistic considerations and Einstein's more accurate theory of gravity....Newton wasn't wrong, His theory is just not accurate & useful enough for all situations.

The theory of Greenhouse Gases is clearly not useful.

·
Registered
29,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The theory of Greenhouse Gases is clearly not useful.
I disagree. It has been incredibly effective.

Climate Change is the defining issue of our time and we are at a defining moment. From shifting weather patterns that threaten food production, to rising sea levels that increase the risk of catastrophic flooding, the impacts of climate change are global in scope and unprecedented in scale. Without drastic action today, adapting to these impacts in the future will be more difficult and costly.

·
Registered
29,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might not stop rising tides, but fighting climate change will move a lot of money around

Reactions: doc-

·
Super Moderator
16,583 Posts
The Midwest was supposed to be snow-free many years ago, due to global warming

Therefor I no longer believe in global warming.

Now according to the charts that were taught to me in school while I was growing up, the earth has gone through warm periods and cold periods. And I think that we went through a warm period during the time the scientists decided that global warming was a problem. And, now we are just beginning to cool back down again

·
Registered
122 Posts
I really have a problem with a lot of the rising ocean forecasts meant to scare people into submission. If you remove Antarctica from those studies there is only a change of a few inches at most. Most studies also don't take into account that warmer air holds more moisture, thus absorbing most of the melt. Humans will destroy themselves some other way long before we melt Antarctica.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I really have a problem with a lot of the rising ocean forecasts meant to scare people into submission. If you remove Antarctica from those studies there is only a change of a few inches at most. Most studies also don't take into account that warmer air holds more moisture, thus absorbing most of the melt. Humans will destroy themselves some other way long before we melt Antarctica.
Greenland alone adds approx 23’ to the ocean level... not sure where you get your numbers.
I’ve found little point in discussing climate change here, people have made up their minds, no point flogging a dead horse 👍

·
Registered
38 Posts
Somewhere in the range of 1985 to 1987, mother earth news had an article that said something in the line of "the greatest scientific minds predict that we will be out of oil by the year 2000".

·
Registered
356 Posts
It might not stop rising tides, but fighting climate change will move a lot of money around
+++
You got that right... That is why there are a number of books written on "how to harvest wealth from climate control strategies" Not that exact title maybe, but that is what they are about.. And as with so many things like this, damn few of those dollars doing direct actions that produce tangible, measurable results...
- - - - -
I really have a problem with a lot of the rising ocean forecasts meant to scare people into submission
+++
Yes.. The way they go about promoting there agenda makes them them less credible..
- - - -
the Canadian government's 2001 pamphlet warning of increased pollution
+++
Many believe.. This is only part of the excuse to put in place the carbon taxes inflicted on so many..

·
Registered
122 Posts
The whole climate change scenario is a political movement by the globalists to create a one world government.

Even in this warm cycle the oceans are only rising .125" a year...........Scary sh** . Time to reset everything humankind has accomplished............... or just a scheme to control the world.

·
Registered
29,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still like little Greta. She means well

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
I think climate change is very real and a threat to our very existence. Beginning Jan. 1, 2020 I am going to do my part. I will begin selling carbon credits for the socially and environmentally responsible. For only $200 you will get an 8 and 1/2" by 11" certificate allowing you 1 brush pile fire on your land as long as you are not violating any local burning laws. Large land owners should order several. For $40 extra the certificate will come framed and $.50 will be sent to the charity of your choice. Order early because startup of the project will be slow until I get enough money to buy a better copier. Watch for my ads on CNN and MSNBC.

Order yours now and enjoy these benefits:

1. It clears you conscience!
2. It boosts your self esteem!
3 It shows you care!
4. It hangs on the wall!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I really have a problem with a lot of the rising ocean forecasts meant to scare people into submission
+++
Yes.. The way they go about promoting there agenda makes them them less credible..
- - - -
the Canadian government's 2001 pamphlet warning of increased pollution
+++
Many believe.. This is only part of the excuse to put in place the carbon taxes inflicted on so many..
Atrocious education, lack of science education all constribute.

Put a few ice cubes in a glass of water. Note the water level. Then leave the glass of water out for a few hours.

When you return and see the ice in the glass has melted, note that the water level has not changed from where you marked it before.

Can't make sheeple think for themselves though. They all just go BAAA.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Atrocious education, lack of science education all constribute.

Put a few ice cubes in a glass of water. Note the water level. Then leave the glass of water out for a few hours.

When you return and see the ice in the glass has melted, note that the water level has not changed from where you marked it before.

Can't make sheeple think for themselves though. They all just go BAAA.
How does your experiment explain ice melting that is not at sea level? LOL.
Who missed science class?

Just a quick rundown- the TOE of a glacier is simply the portion at lowest elevation (where the glacier "ends"- often on a lake or yes ocean. Not always of course- hence glaciers in mountains. Ice caps such as Greenland and Antarctica- are well above sea level. That is the issue.

·
Registered
6,916 Posts
How does your experiment explain ice melting that is not at sea level? LOL.
Who missed science class?

Just a quick rundown- the TOE of a glacier is simply the portion at lowest elevation (where the glacier "ends"- often on a lake or yes ocean. Not always of course- hence glaciers in mountains. Ice caps such as Greenland and Antarctica- are well above sea level. That is the issue.
Suppose we warm the earth enough to melt all of that ice (which we won't) won't that mean that the air temperature will be warmer as well? And won't warmer air hold more water? And won't some of that water in the air fall as rain, possibly in places that are currently bone dry? And won't the warmer air cause more ocean evaporation than we have currently? And won't the heavier rainfalls get trapped at one pole or the other as ice when that pole is experiencing six months of winter? Are you suggesting that we are going to warm enough that during the six months that the sun does not shine on one of the poles that the air temperature at that pole is going to be above freezing?

·
Registered
6,916 Posts
And what about glacier girl? You know, the plane that managed to get covered in 300 feet of ice in 50 years. But the ice moves. I'm watching my freezer, it's not moving. Am I doing something wrong? And if the ice moved that much, wouldn't it damage a plane? And if the ice did move, how do we know that the ice core samples that tell us exactly what the CO2 levels were like a jillion years ago, are in fact correct? I mean, if the ice did a complete somersault, wouldn't the CO2 record be exactly backwards meaning that our CO2 levels are actually decreasing? I mean that is our only record for CO2, other than the short term testing we've been doing on the rim of a semi active volcano that emits CO2.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts