Can you Tell

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Tadpole, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Tadpole

Tadpole Tadpole

Is there a way to tell if your goats are going to have babys?

2. famer_manda

famer_manda I Love CHICKENS!

They start to get fatter and within the last 4-6 weeks they develop their udders (get larger and larger)

3. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

If you have a stethoscope you can listen for little heartbeats. It works.

I had a goat a few years ago that surprised us with twins. She didn't look preggo at all so you can't always tell by looking.

4. Tadpole

Tadpole Tadpole

Her utter is getting bigger but, not like it should I don't believe. Anyway I guess i'll have to get a stethoscope to seeif I can hear anything. Thing is I'll has to order it next week. I do beleave her sides are getting larger every day. But, the man I bought her from said she had her little doling in Nov. I bought both of them and I would say it's early for her to be that way again. Altho I do have a buck that could have...at night, they say strange things happen at night :shrug: who knows I don't. Guess i'll just wait and see. I just thought it was early like I said since she had one in Nov late year.

5. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

What breed is she? I think some breeds are seasonal and other will breed any time of the year.

6. Tadpole

Tadpole Tadpole

She's Alpine. She had no bag at all when I got her. Now it's larger than when I got her. But.. not real big. I have had her since Feb. this year.