Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the Friday meal to be easy, so usually I make homemade pizza. welp...I'm tired of pizza. so...I took out a package of ham slices. I'd like an easy casserole type dish. I have cheddar, and thought maybe a sliced potato, cheese, ham type thing? but don't want to end up with something dry. worse case scenerio..I have hoagie buns in the freezer and can always just resort to hot ham & cheddar sandwiches. I'd rather have something more substantial as long as it's easy. :) I hate just cruising online recipes and would rather have something 'tried and true'. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yum..the ham & baked beans sound good. I'm not wanting to mash taters, tho. yep..it's THAT lazy of a meal night! thanks, Rose. :)

I also have every assorted pasta made, including noodles.....hmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
or baked potatoes?

Or - do you have eggs. Long spaghetti, beat up egg with a tiny amount of milk, add chopped ham and som finely grated cheese Cook the spaghetti, drain, then stir in the egg mix - no need to cook further, the heat of the spaghetti cooks the egg.

I can get the quantities if you want them

hoggie

·
joy seeker
1,482 Posts
If it's THAT lazy of a meal night, I'd do hot ham n cheddar hoagies--toast or broil 'em in the oven real quick or even a fryin' pan like grilled cheese...

Or, if you wanted to do the pizza dough but not pizza, you could do ham n cheddar pockets/calzones...

We have those nights now and again!

~~Happy Friday!

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the ham sliced thinly or thick?
If thick, often in the UK it is heated through in the oven with a pineapple ring on top, you could serve this with some baked beans and a hoggie that has been toasted in the oven with melted cheese and onion or garlic on top!

A little 'out there' but easy and delicious!
Rose :)
it is thick, and this sounds GREAT to me!!! thanks, Rose. and thanks everyone. I have all the ideas written down. just this one day do we (me) do a very lazy kind of meal. it's the end of the week night to just sort of chill out and relax together. :) our Fridays have always been just that. sort of a celebration of the weekend beginning. I know...sounds a bit silly...but it's been 'our' day since the beginning of our time together.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
we had our quick meal last night, sausage, potatoes and green beans, all cut up throw in pot add a little water and a little salt and pepper, cook til potatoes are tender, warms you and is filling, never any leftovers here.

G

·
make some biscuits. Fry the ham. chop it up real good and make ham gravy. slice the biscuits open pour the gravy over the biscuits. or just use the biscuits to sop the gravy.
I'll be there around 6:00.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts