Discussion Starter #1
what does a guinea egg taste like regular eggs? UH chicken lol

·
Big Bird
2,173 Posts
deberosa said:
Oh, my when I first read this I saw Guinea pigs! :eek:

Not sure about either one though....

I saw guinea pigs too. They are a food animal in the Andean Mountains of South America. I think rabbits would be more economical.

Yes, you can eat guinea eggs. They have a "richer" taste than chicken eggs. Kinda similar to a duck egg. It's hard to describe. We have lots and lots of birds of all different kinds and have sampled eggs from just about everything. They're all edible with similar textures and tastes.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Yes you can. I don' t like them but my mother does. They are smaller than chicken eggs and have a faint flavor that reminds me of cod liver oil capsules I was forced to take when I was a kid.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Those little concrete eggs are far better tasting than chicken eggs IMHO. All my family liked them... kids, too. It's like there is a sulphur element in hens' eggs that you won't find in the guinea egg. Be aware, the white to yolk ratio is quite different.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Nina said:
Those little concrete eggs are far better tasting than chicken eggs IMHO. All my family liked them... kids, too. It's like there is a sulphur element in hens' eggs that you won't find in the guinea egg. Be aware, the white to yolk ratio is quite different.
more white or more yoke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts