Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
Last week, I had some clod blow his nose, at the bar.....and then leave his snotty napkin ON the bar.
I grabbed a handful of clean napkins, picked up his booger napkin, and threw it in the trash.
Immediately washed my hands.
AND HE rolls his eyes at ME?????
I cut him and his woman 'a look'....as if to say "really, how gross are you".

I had a clod last night, blow his nose (big ole honking sound) in the dining area, then leave his napkin on the table.
ON the table.

COME ONE PEOPLE it's flu / virus season......
Put it in your pocket.
Get up and put it in the trash.
FOR GOD'S SAKE GO TO THE BATHROOM when you blow your nose.
That is :censored: disgusting to sit next to, or in a room with, someone blowing their nose while you are trying to eat....

Gross.

PS: If you want to listen to the NASCAR race on your phone, bring head phones.
No one wants to hear your phone up full blast while they are trying to eat at the table next to you.
That is rude to the 3rd power.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
i would get all smart and say hey....you blew a deposit in that napkin it is now classified as personal property....its all yours to deal with dud....errr i mean dude.....roflmao

i would be fired....i would put a little fold up card...like one of them things for customers numbers waiting on order but with a bio hazard sign....i tell them they been classified as high risk and are sitting at the ebola/flu/hoppin gator bio hazzard table we use for at risk people......roflmao

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When people cough at the bar with their mouths hanging wide open I turn and say, out loud, COVER YOUR MOUTH PLEASE.
OMG did no one pass kindergarten?

I am slightly boxed in behind the bar, and when you are blowing THOUSANDS of droplets of spit where I stand? Um, gross bro....cover you mouth.

Oy.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
I have many times had to blow my nose in a like situation. I'll tell them I'm going to step behind the bar and toss it in the trash. No one has ever refused me. Lol

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Time to call the booger police.
Seriously, if something like that persisted in a place of
business here, that would be grounds to involve the
public health authorities. In fact, employee abuse is illegal
from both customers or anyone else. I can see what's going
on in this post could apply to report to the health and safety
Folks.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Years ago, hubby and I were visiting Philly, don't recall now why. But, there was a guy on a street corner selling pretzels. He pulled out a hanky, blew his nose. Then, using the same hanky, wiped his head, then stuff it in his pocket. Then using the same hand, he reached into a large bag, pulled out some pretzels, stuck them in a smaller bag and held it up in the air yelling, pretzels for sale. Needless to say, we didn't buy any.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
When needing to blow or mine for gold, I excuse myself to the Ladies' Room. That's where that kinda stuff needs to happen. At the very LEAST, I turn my back and spare my audience the display...
well that could get interesting,,,,if he were a man.......hee hee

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
Oh people have all sorts of interesting places to deposit boogers like on elevator walls. I guess they didn't have a kleenex so used their hand and didn't want to have the elevator door open with them standing there with booger hands. Bathroom walls, sinks, floors, chairs, wherever and don't tell me they don't use the underside of the bar stools lol.

T

·
0 Posts
Oh people have all sorts of interesting places to deposit boogers like on elevator walls. I guess they didn't have a kleenex so used their hand and didn't want to have the elevator door open with them standing there with booger hands. Bathroom walls, sinks, floors, chairs, wherever and don't tell me they don't use the underside of the bar stools lol.

Eeeewwwww!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Miss Laura, do you pick up napkins that people have wiped their mouths on?

Granted there are some uncultured folks in this world, but snot is not really that much different than saliva. As an extreme allergy sufferer, and no, most meds don't help, I have to discreetly blow my nose at table now and then, but I tuck those tissues in my pocket, which some might think is gross too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
well as I've said since I got my first job at a grocery store as a kid - people are disgusting. People will spit phlegm into their hands wipe it off on a napkin and the have to handle all the produce to decide what to buy, it got so bad at that store we literally wrapped all produce for sanitary reasons.

·
Super Moderator
13,670 Posts
When needing to blow or mine for gold, I excuse myself to the Ladies' Room. That's where that kinda stuff needs to happen. At the very LEAST, I turn my back and spare my audience the display...
Your "mine for gold' reference reminded me of a guy I worked with who drove a sweet 72 Chevelle and loved to nose mine while driving.

If I was riding with him and caught him mining I would remind of the Vacation movie where the Griswald kid "stabbed himself in the brain" saying he would do the same as he went into the steering wheel and windshield if we had a head on collision.

·
Registered
529 Posts
That calls for situational price adjustment. Do you post your bar prices for well drinks? I would be servin up some 16 dollar White Russians.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
I like to tuck a small plastic bag in my pocket and put used tissues in there, along with the sanitizer wipe I use on my hands after blowing my nose. There is no advantage in spreading germs.

Ardie, that is entirely too perfect!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts