Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I generally use the Brave browser. It comes with some built-in popup blocking. I tried turning that off and tweaking the settings to no avail.

When I am looking at a web site and I click on an embedded link, I really do want to open the link. I do not want to see a popup asking if I want to open it.

But I get the following every time regardless of what the URL is:

Rectangle Font Parallel Electronic device Display device

Anybody know what is triggering that?

I tried Chrome and the link opens up with no problem. But I don't care for Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I generally use the Brave browser. It comes with some built-in popup blocking. I tried turning that off and tweaking the settings to no avail.

When I am looking at a web site and I click on an embedded link, I really do want to open the link. I do not want to see a popup asking if I want to open it.

But I get the following every time regardless of what the URL is:

View attachment 102448

Anybody know what is triggering that?

I tried Chrome and the link opens up with no problem. But I don't care for Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
i would think it is the security setting of the brave.. however if you hit trust and it saves that setting it should open ever time with out asking again.. brave gave me problems so i use duck duck go and tor and when shoping use firefox. for ideas its know everything in your mail too creepy ..

·
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would think it is the security setting of the brave.. however if you hit trust and it saves that setting it should open ever time with out asking again.. brave gave me problems so i use duck duck go and tor and when shoping use firefox. for ideas its know everything in your mail too creepy ..
Thanks. The annoying pop-ups come on different hot links that I click on in articles and forums---the links are almost never to the same URLs.

I have used duck duck go and I may give it another shot. I never knew what tor is.

I have Firefox installed and Edge, but just kind of got in the habit of using brave.

Seems like everything that is good at one time gets bad over time.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks. The annoying pop-ups come on different hot links that I click on in articles and forums---the links are almost never to the same URLs.

I have used duck duck go and I may give it another shot. I never knew what tor is.

I have Firefox installed and Edge, but just kind of got in the habit of using brave.

Seems like everything that is good at one time gets bad over time.
[/QUOTE
tor is you bouncing from one system to another and your ip is hidden ip is your home address of your computer
vpn routes all of your internet activity through a secure, encrypted connection, which prevents others from seeing what you're doing online and from where
now in firefox if you dont want the pop ups you add pop up blockers and ad blockers to firefox and that will stop them or slow them down..
now come the part is what are you worried about that you want to keep private and how far are you willing to go to do that.. now a good all in one is to buy avast software and use there vpn kick up the security and you should be safe

·
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Avast seems to kill my digital clock screen saver. I have tried it several times over the last few years. Not sure why it does.

·
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I found the culprit that I asked about that was popping up a "are you sure you want to open the URL that you just clicked" annoying popup every time I clicked on a hot link.

Looks like it was the following extension in Brave:
-------------------------------------
Popup Blocker (strict)
Strictly block all popup requests from any website
Link
------------------------------------

I disabled it and things have gotten better.

Seriously, thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think I found the culprit that I asked about that was popping up a "are you sure you want to open the URL that you just clicked" annoying popup every time I clicked on a hot link.

Looks like it was the following extension in Brave:
-------------------------------------
Popup Blocker (strict)
Strictly block all popup requests from any website
Link
------------------------------------

I disabled it and things have gotten better.

Seriously, thanks for the feedback and suggestions.
good to know thanks.. safe trip on the internet its a big place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts