Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Loving My Life...
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out how to re size a picture to use as an avatar here on HT.... but I am lost.... :help:.... I don't seem to have photoshop.....

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
When you open the pic on your computer at normal size there should be a choice to enhance or "fix" or edit the photo at the top of the window. When you click on that there should be a choice to re-size. I think the avatars have to be 50 x 50.
Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong!!
Try this site: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

·
Bunny Poo Monger
3,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Very easiest way with no additional software than what is already on your computer....

Start menu -- programs -- accessories --- paint

Open paint, copy and paste your photo into this application. Or just once paint is open click on file and open the photo file you want to edit.

Along the top --- click on image and choose the 2nd one - stretch/ skew
a window will pop up and enter 50 / 50 in both stretch boxes - enter nothing into skew boxes and hit "ok". This will resize your photo to 50%. If the file is really large you can do it again another 50 / 50.

Soemtimes you might be then left with a lot of "white" space. Take your mouse and click on the white background background and go the the outer corner and pull the white space into the photo size. You are now resizing the canvas upon which the photo is "painted" on.

Save as a .jpg to your computer in a place you can find it again.

Sounds more confusing that it is, it's really very easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts