Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my last two whethers, a set of 9 week old twins last weekend. I had to treat them the week before for cocci but they were doing fine. The couple that bought them called yesterday (two days later) and said that they are not eating much and aren't very energetic.

Can being taken from their Mama make them listless and with low appetite? I'm not sure if I should be worried. They have normal droppings etc. but are not even wanting grain.

The Mom is beside herself - hollering all day. Guess what breed she is? lol

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
Separation itself causes stress(especially in this weather), which will cause an upsurge of both cocci and worms. So if their fecals haven't been checked, I would reccomend that. I worm anything that I sell or buy....stress causes the goats immunities to drop, the worms and cocci take advantage and BOOM, you have problems. Especially this time of year and especially kids.
Another possibility is walking pnuemonia.....also common when an animal is stressed in such weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.