Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
Did you read the label? If it is for “all equine”, then they can have it. If it says “horses” and nothing else, then they can’t have it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you read the label? If it is for “all equine”, then they can have it. If it says “horses” and nothing else, then they can’t have it.
It's says for active,performance and working horses the ingredients are salt (sodium chloride ) potassium chloride,magnesium sulfate,calcium carbonate,calcium lactate,silicon dioxide and natural and artificial flavorings i don't know if anything on that list as being harmful but i've only owned donkeys for 1 day and never have owned any other equine

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Donkeylover, electrolites are for an animal that is working hard, sweating a lot and using a lot of energy. I don't think your donkey would need it and it's not good to give an animal medicine that it doesn't need. If you are new to owning a donkey you should get a good book on how to care for one, they are not horses and can't be treated like one, please study up on the proper care of a donkey. they are wonderful animals, but they don't have a cast iron stomach like some people think. good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's like Gator Aid for horses. As donkeys originated in hot arid climates they are adapted to it and don't need much other than clean water. If you work them it wouldn't hurt to give them a little but I don't think it is really necessary. A salt/mineral block is about all they would need.

Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts