Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of music favorites on youtube. Can I somehow burn the audio portion to music CDs?

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
tinknal said:
I have a lot of music favorites on youtube. Can I somehow burn the audio portion to music CDs?
sure there are a zillion freeware recording tools out there that will record off your sound card. Just play the video and hit "record" and that should do the trick. Make sure you have an internal microphone though. I found out too late that my brand spanking new Dell Experion does not have one. I have to use my old beat up HP to record music.

PS doing this might be agains copyright laws. Ya never know, so if you are hinky about such things, maybe you shouldn't.

donsgal

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
donsgal said:
sure there are a zillion freeware recording tools out there that will record off your sound card. Just play the video and hit "record" and that should do the trick. Make sure you have an internal microphone though. I found out too late that my brand spanking new Dell Experion does not have one. I have to use my old beat up HP to record music.

PS doing this might be agains copyright laws. Ya never know, so if you are hinky about such things, maybe you shouldn't.

donsgal
Well, Youtube deletes copyrighted material so unless I get quick and lucky I'll be ok....lol

·
Premium Member
3,972 Posts
tinknal said:
Well, Youtube deletes copyrighted material so unless I get quick and lucky I'll be ok....lol
Keep in mind any video or audio recording is copyrighted, Your video of your kids birthday party are copyrighted, even if it doesnt say so on the video.

What youtube does is removes material that the copyright owner doesnt want on youtube. If you as the copyright owner of your kids birthday party wants it on youtube then it permitted. If you download a TV program and put it on youtube then your not the copyright holder and the video is deleted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts