Can everyone cross your fingers for me?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by marisal, Nov 7, 2004.

1. marisal

marisal Well-Known Member

We looked at about 7 houses today. There were some pretty beat up ones. The last one was "the one"

28 acres, 1 2 1/2 story pole bard with 4 horse stalls, 1 Morton barn with 3 stalls, a wood shed, 5 car gargage, all pastures fenced off, the back of lot is wooded. House on a hill, 2400 sq ft. needing only minor work, and a lot of repainting.....All gorgous. Even my city loving husband loves it!

Catch? It already has an offer on it. :waa: They have a Contingency (SP?) that they can't buy untill they sell their house. We already sold ours. We just have to make the right offer, get the inspections done asap, and our mortgage letter...

I hope we get it all in time, and the accept our offer!!

Wish me luck!!

~Marisa :)

2. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

Good luck!

I was in the other buyer's shoes when I made on offer on Deberosa last year. I had what was called "first right of refusal" meaning that if someone else made an offer, I did have the option to buy the place immediately (remove the contingency) or give up my right to bid on the house. Since you made the second offer the other buyers will need to decide if they can buy the house right away without selling their house. If they can't, then the owner is free to accept your offer.

When I did this it started a whole bunch of offers. I removed the contingency and told my realtor to sell my place FAST! :) I took a loss on it, but I did get my dream home because it stopped other bids on it. Turns out my old place sold in 10 days so it was just like I would have sold it at the time I offered.

So much stress and unknowns! Hang in there - it somehow all gets done!

Debbie

3. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

Good luck Marisa. I've got my fingers crossed for you! :)

4. jassytoo

jassytoo Well-Known Member Supporter

You are in a good bargaining position having sold your place already. A bird in the hand and all that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

5. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Good Luck!! :) Be sure you have the realtor take you back two or three times to REALLY look at it. You will see so many things with each visit that you didn't notice before. (That can be good or bad)