Can anyone tell me about vitamix

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Dec 27, 2003.

1. I am looking for a vitamix and I think I would like a 3600 the old chrome (stainless steel ones) I am wondering if anyone know the power useage and also I would like input on which one you feel is best.
    Also I would like to hear if you have had any problems with one or if they really were worth the investment.
    Since we will have a generator for power I am wondering if the vitamix will be to much for it. Any input would be great. Thanks ,Heidi

2. frontiergal

frontiergal Well-Known Member

Sorry That was me asking.... I thought I was logged in. :eek:

3. chickflick

chickflick Well-Known Member

Dont' know if I'll be much help. I've had mine for 7 years (whatever model they were selling then?) and love it.

It gets a little greasy in the hole now and then... but it is 5 hp.... I would imagine that since it never takes more than a few seconds (unless making soup 2 min.) to process whatever you've put in it.. it COULDN"T be much of a power drain.

I'm just not all that technical. I love it. It would be one of the things run off electricity I would probably never part with. (Provided I could find FOOD at the time!!:):)

4. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

It's 800watts for the Stainless Steel 3600. I have both the older stainless steel one and the newer two container set. I still like the older 3600 best! :D

5. I love my Vitamix base and I love the container but I HATE the coupling between the two. In two years of use the rubber has sheared off the metal three times requiring repairs. I still enjoy using it but would NEVER be happy with it had I paid full price. I bought it new from an estate sale, arrived after the buyer died!

Liz