Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A teeny bit goat crazy
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a very sneaky lab in our yard a few weeks ago at 4 in the morning. Cammy was supposed to be bred to a Search and Rescue dog but had other plans. Her puppies arrived safely despite her being kicked in the belly by my brother in law's girlfriend (she had their puppy pinned). 6 of them every one of them black. 4 boys and 2 girls.

Attachments

·
A teeny bit goat crazy
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also true to the Does' Code of Honor, which is apparently a universal thing in our house, she went into labor 2 hours before we were supposed to leave to go to Utah for a wedding and a job interview (which otherwise couldn't take place unless we went all the way to Elko, Nevada) a week before I had calculated being possible (I miscalculated...had a new baby and thought the incident had happened 3 weeks after instead of 2)

We ended up having my sister in law (not the one that kicked her) dog sit and she had them the next day.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ooooooo I want one. But if I was to bring home another animal DW and I might have our first hand to hand argument:D Could the pups still be used for rescue or does it have something to do with the blood line?

·
A teeny bit goat crazy
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe. I had just had a baby so it was my husband that saw him. He was very large and fat. Cammy is sort of famous around here and she's 9 years old and still as athletic as a 2 year old. She is also 55 pounds so can be carried on most people's shoulders when they need to ski into an area or something. It's better to carry them so they can be rested when it's time to do their job. These puppies will probably be pets because we don't know how big they will get and even if I find the dad (have a good idea who's he is) I highly doubt he has been OFAed or anything. A fair dog can still be a fairly active member of a family, but climbing, jumping, digging, and such would take a much harder toll.

·
Premium Member
10,411 Posts
Sorry she was bred by the wrong stud. I know that must have been disappointing to you. Oh, but what beautiful pups! Gotta love them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts