Caller ID ????

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Beeman, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

If I get caller ID will cell phone numbers be ID'd? Can numbers call from land lines and not show the number with caller ID?

2. Dorothea

Dorothea Well-Known Member

yes all cell number do show up on land caller id's,,,,and you can block your number when you want just not sure how...

3. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

4. Horselover

Horselover Joyce

I have caller I D and when someone calls me from their cell phone it only comes up with the state name and the phone number on the caller I.D.
    The number and the person's name calling on land line to my land line phone shows up on caller I. D. However, some out of state calls do not have a name but just the number.

To block my name and phone number from someone else's caller I.D. when I call them I must pick up the receiver and hit *67. You will hear a beep beep. Then you dial the number you want. This will come up private call or unidentified caller or something to that effect on their caller I. D.
    I hope this helps to answer your question.

Caller I. D. is helpful in many ways.

5. Shinsan

Shinsan Keeping the Dream Alive

In some systems the number of the party calling will show on your screen, but will show the name of the caller if it is one that you have placed in your phone's memory.