Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any one in mid-Mi (SE greater-Lansing area to be specific) who has more zucchini than they want? Mine was a crop failure this year (too wet, too wet, then too something--they finally came up but are now about 3" tall and I've given up hope). My zucchini supply in the freezer is used up. Anybody got any free zucchini? I'll come get it!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Don't give up hope Kris.....just keep them weeded and you should have some. Mine have just now started to produce. I have only got two plants so my extras would be expensive to drive for.........don't you have any produce growers near you? I don't remember zucchini ever being very expensive.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:haha: Yeah, I know Uncle Will. Unfortunately I seem to be one of few people at my church who gardens any more. The farmers are being replaced by suburbanites :waa: They view me as some strange creature because I can make a pie totally from scratch (including the lard, lol) and are amazed I EAT the chickens that run around in my yard. :D

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
How cold is it?

It's so cold that the zuchinni isn't growing and it's selling for $12 a half bushel at our local produce auction!

I won't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself.

·
Windy Island Acres
4,588 Posts
Zucchini is at 1.19 per pound at the farmers market!!!!
We've had great luck with the Magda squash. Zip with the papaya pears and Kuta. I really wanted the kuta to grow well. Use it like a summer squash in it's early stage, and eggplant in the middle, and a winter squash at full maturity.
Sigh. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts