Homesteading Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
To be fair about it, I should explain that those fat payouts to CEOs are considered "Retention Bonuses" meaning the intent is for the Chief Operating Officer to remain after the bankruptcy to help rebuild the company.
Now, if you hired a guy to paint your living room, and he spilled Dutch Boy all over the carpet, sold your tv and drank the milk in your icebox from the jug, would you pay him extra to stick around and maybe do a better job?

·
Registered
30,336 Posts
An enquiring mind in California or similarly occupied territory wonders-
I can't buy a fishing pole at the local hardware store because it has been closed as non essential but I can buy one at Walmart where the store is considered essential. Why is Walmart allowed to sell non essential items? Why aren't they limited to supplying only what is currently needed to keep people safe from the pandemic? Just thinking, if they shut down 80% of their store they would have a lot fewer customers browsing for underwear and big screens and slumped over their wheel in the firelanes.

How many Amazon employees are stacked together working their lines, warehouses, in the breakrooms and offices?
While the numbers vary, I have read that 25% of the businesses shut down during the first wave will never reopen; this time the numbers may approach 60%. Meanwhile in the batcave, profits for Walmart, Target, Amazon are up 80-90%.

Hmmm, I says. Hmmm.

That does not count Walton family members or other Walmart execs

This is one Walton - Donor Lookup

And then there is Jeff

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
At what point will people begin saying "Screw the government"?
Until they need something
That’s part of the current problems. People are needing lots of things, a paycheck and bills paid being a couple of them. Taking care of family requires more than setting at home for many of us. Due to the inept shutdowns we are going to have more issues with government being part of a problem instead of a solution which results in peoples “screw the government” attitude.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts