Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
dave85
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming to MO next week to look at a piece of land.
Can you buy a long gun in Mo with a California driver's license?
Handgun?
Thanks,
Dave

·
harvester of yarrow
283 Posts
After Aug. 28th, All you will need is your drivers licence and they will do the instant check.

Till then you still have to go to the sheriff and get the permit, 2 week wait.

You can do private sales though. My husband is selling a Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter, NIB, 25-06

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,549 Posts
Federal law says you CAN NOT buy a handgun in another state.

You have to comply with ALL laws in BOTH states

·
dave85
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but I do want to find a SxS 12 ga and another .22
dave

·
Cedar Cove Farm
1,706 Posts
I believe the waiting period is being lifted here in MO. And I don't believe you have to go to the sherriff any longer. It is all part of Missouri's version of the "Stand Your Ground Law" from FL. Please double check me before buying, however. But I think you will find Missouri's laws quite friendly to gun owners. (We are a conceal carry state as well.)

·
Semper Fidelis
4,609 Posts
Dave85, buy your weapons here in California and take them with you when you travel to Missouri. I fly to Detroit from the California North Coast with CCW weapons every trip (yes, it is legal to do so!!). One website that I point out to folks asking firearm questions is www.packing.org - it is a CCW website. They do have the laws listed for each indivudial state on purchasing a handgun, and the laws for traveling/ flying with a weapon... I know that in Michigan I can not purchase any weapon with my out of state California CCW or Driver's License!! But I also have a state issued Michigan I.D. (not a Driver's license) in case I have to go take care of my dad back there. You may want to think about getting a state issued ID card for Missouri, if you are thinking of moving there in the future.

Also it took me a minute to figure out the SxS 12 guage means side by side (double barreled) shotgun..... I'll stick to my Remington 870's myself...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts