Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Retired Coastie
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I will be slaughtering and quartering a boer wether approx 80 pounds. If anyone is interested in slaughtering goats for their own freezer and would like some photos of tomorrows work, well please respond!!! Emily (Ozark Jewels) another forum member, did an outstanding photographic explaination about a year ago, and there is no way I could match her work or will I try. Her thread is still available and I encourage folks new to butchering animals to view it's excellent contents. Just do a search for goat butchering and it should pop up. Respond soon if you would like step by step photos. I need at least 10 people to respond to make it worth my while. In other words I don't mind washing my hands 20 times if ten people care....TJ

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
John, I would love to see pics. Yours is bound to have more meat than my three month old Nubian too!!. :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
If it is not too much trouble, am always looking for other tips/techniques!!

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Send the picture, and also remember many, many, more people will view the pictures besides those who request it. It can be a great help to those who might like to do there own butchering.

Show and tell.

Washing your hands won't kill you either.

bumpus

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding,

I believe you have way more than ten.

Pictures on the way yet ?

bumpus

·
why hide it?
1,586 Posts
ozark_jewels said:
John, I would love to see pics. Yours is bound to have more meat than my three month old Nubian too!!. :)
.....and it will surely have more meat than my 6 week old butchered bottle-baby pics! And besides, you KNOW we love that kind of stuff here!

·
Retired Coastie
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
By popular demand, I am now downloading photos into photo bucket. Will generate new thread ASAP....

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Yer right, yer a crazygoatlady. I raise mine to sell and be eaten, or to eat myself. The purpose of John's pix is to be INSTRUCTIVE, so the goats of others do not suffer and so that their gift of sustenance is not wasted due to inexperience. If you read the posts on his picture posts, folks there tell about how they use everything, so very little or nothing is wasted. Get off your soapbox, this is the circle of life, and there is nothing sick about it. It is God-made and God-given.

Carry on, John. And thanks for the pix. There's nothing murderous or sick about them. The goat was humanely killed and processed with dignity and respect toward its gift to you. Let the nutcases think what they want.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Crazygoat lady. Excuse me, but just WHERE exactly do you think your eggs, chicken nuggets, hamburgers, bacon, etc comes from. Contrary to belief from "city folk" it does not magically appear on the shelves at your local walmart. slaughtering and eating goat is no different that slaughtering and eating pigs, cows, chicken etc..

the photos posted are for those of us that pay someone to process them for us. This way we can learn to do this ourselves. Me thinks that if you can't take the heat(this topic), then get out of the kitchen(this thread)

Laura

1 - 20 of 26 Posts