Busy Day Ahead

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Speciallady, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

What are you all up too?

Today, I am going to go to SVDP and get some clothes for my kids Christmas, you can buy shirts and pants for 50 cents and they are much nicer than goodwill. Then I need to go order angel food. At 1:30 I am going to be making lots and lots of candy. We are having a church fund raiser selling homemade chocolates and white chocolate nativity scenes. We had more orders than we were expecting. Way more orders. Someone bought 160 dollars worth. At 3.50 a box. We will be making peanut butter cups, chocolate pretzels, suckers, and a whole bunch more. I have to go do laundry some time today too. Tonight the kids are going to a Happy Birthday Jesus party, so I thought maybe DH and I can dress up and have a "date" meaning we will probably go to Ponderosa, it is the fine dining establishment in the town. :rolleyes: Tomorrow we are all gussying up to go to the Choir Concert at the theater. Wow 3 dresses in one week. That's a new record for me. :)

2. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

I was going to take my oldest dd on her "day out with mom" but the weather turned nasty and I don't want to leave the others here , so we will all have to go in for just a few errands. Let's see, errand list...

Pick up tablecloths for church fellowship hall.
    Finish decorating church for Christmas
    Get feed for chickens
    Meet sils to tour lodge for possible location for our in laws 50th anniversary weekend next year.
    Return Christmas dresses my aunt sent (2 of them are too small, hoping I can just get larger sizes)
    Get Christmas cards cut so we can finish
    Take friend to lunch as her dd just moved to NJ
    Make it home before dark!!!!

3. teresab

teresab Well-Known Member

Well Speciallady it is finally looking like Christmas around here. Puts you in the mood for Christmas!! Let's see I need to feed the chickens, our boys have Christmas play practice at church at 1pm and I'm taking my sewing machine to help out with costumes. After that probably do a little Christmas shopping and then back home to get milk jars. We need to run to my DH cousins farm to get milk then home for supper. I am hoping this evening to finish addressing my cards for my HT family and get them out in the mail by Monday.

Tomorrow is the Lords day so not a whole lot going on after church. It is nice to have a "breather" day during the holidays to just sit back and regroup!!

4. Kris in MI

Kris in MI Well-Known Member Supporter

I was hoping to put up my outside Christmas lights, do some baking, and work on some Christmas presents I'm making.

BUT, a good friend of mine is in the hospital with pneumonia and she has asked me to 1)bring her a bunch of stuff from her house that she didn't take because she didn't expect to be there more than overnight, and 2)oversee her horse farm for her until at least Monday.

So, I will be running to the hospital shortly after collecting her 'must haves' from her house and briefing her farmhand on what to do/not do with the place today.

5. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

We're venturing out in the cold to take the kids over to Santa Claus, Indiana,(not far from me here at all) to the Candy Castle for coolie candy canes to put on the tree--and EAT! Mailing our boxes we put together for our soldiers on our way!

Later, we're gonna finish up some decorating and watch IU basketball on TV whilst the tater soup simmers mmmMMM!(Well, that man o' mine will watch whilst I crochet n cheer/jeer in the right places!)

~~Happy Hollydays~~

6. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

Well,this is the big wedding day of my youngest son....thank goodness the roads are clear here and we didn't have to cancell it after the MO storms. Gotta still take all the food over to the reception hall, hem the bridesmaids dress if my sewing machine will co-operate, get hubby decent looking. Wedding at two with reception to follow...and then the big cleanup as it's at my son's lodge and the free price includes us doing that! Still don't know if son(and best man) can get here from Columbia as parts of the interstate were actually closed and they have 12" snow in their drive. Arrrgh. I'll be glad when it's all over and I can crash in my recliner. Spent yesterday making 4 kinds of cookies, the wedding angel food cake, potato casserole, altering the bride's dress and pressing it,cleaning house and I'm whopped! DEE

7. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

Lol it's funny. It's your son's wedding day yet you can't break away from Ht. Your addicted as I am :dance: :)