Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an electrical easement on our land and it needs to be bush-hogged since the grasses & weeds are now really tall but we are living up north so have no way of finding someone local. :confused:
I checked on Craigslist but I've heard stories of some dangerous people advertising on those sites only to rob or assault you when they come to your place, so I am leery of contacting someone I have no clue about.:run:

If anyone knows of someone who does bush hogging in Texas County, MO or more specifically the Licking/Raymondville area, could you pm me?

·
hillbilly in training
255 Posts
I'm in Ozark county, but I usually ask at the local hardware store when I need something. If you have one near you, you might call them and ask.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check feed and implement dealers too. They usually have a coffee crew that shoots the breeze every morning for a few hours. One of those good ole boys might just need to go spend a few hours on a tractor and won't even charge you anything.

·
Premium Member
10,398 Posts
Craftychick, I too was concerned about having a stranger come onto my place to do some bushhogging. So I asked the people at Southern States (a local livestock feed store) and accepted the recommendation. The gentleman sho showed up was up in years and didn't do all I had wanted; however, he did most of what was needed and was quite reasonable with his fee. (I also felt safe.)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peg, they are but they only cut it once a summer or if they have to do line repairs and I am planning on having poultry so I don't really want foxes and other predators to have a nice hiding spot.

I've also heard but haven't experienced it yet, that chiggers like the high weeds.

·
Registered
938 Posts
We have an electrical easement on our land and it needs to be bush-hogged since the grasses & weeds are now really tall but we are living up north so have no way of finding someone local. :confused:
I checked on Craigslist but I've heard stories of some dangerous people advertising on those sites only to rob or assault you when they come to your place, so I am leery of contacting someone I have no clue about.:run:

If anyone knows of someone who does bush hogging in Texas County, MO or more specifically the Licking/Raymondville area, could you pm me?
give Steve Bryson a call his is in the salem area but it isint that far away,he is a good guy,573-247-5972 :rock:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you itsb, I will contact him & see if he's available.:banana:

Thank you to everyone, you've given me ideas & great suggestions. You guys are the best!

Once I'm down on the homestead full time, I'm sure it won't be as difficult to find good, honest service people so your suggestions are appreciated. The big move is still 6 mos away & I really want this mowed/cut before I go down the end of September to work on the water lines and cabin foundation.

I can't build in the easement but I am hoping to camp on it while we clear out trees and underbrush in the woods for the cabin site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts