Homesteading Forum banner

burn first aid

418 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  michael h 
#1 ·
Well crap. Long story short, Dorkwad knocked the heat lamp on Dorkweed. Thankfully, I was out there and he was wearing his heavy blanket and splints on his ears so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Tonight he has a big blister on one of his ears. Any recommendations?

#2 ·
I almost burned down my barn tonight with a camp fuel lantern.

I was filling the lantern while lit ( I knew better, but thought I could be careful) and flame on......the spill from my initial shock was burning, the fuel can in my hands was burning, the sweater i was wearing was burning, the straw stored in the building was burning, the carbord funel i made to pour with was on fire.

I managed to beat out the flames on the straw after taking the can of fuel outside and blowing it out. patted out my sweater came inside still smoking and my wife said.....what happened to you!

me "I was putting out the fire!"
her "I see your sweater is a lil chared, and I thought you were just out there so long loving on those goats"
Me with a chuckle "nope I nearly burned the whole place down"
her "i'm glad you didn't"
me " me too"
Laughing both of us

End of story

Never pour camp fuel into a burning lamp, stove or other device. Results could be life threatning.
:baby04:

#3 ·
Bacitracin or any human burn/topical ointment will work for the goat's ear. The worry will be a secondary infection from the blister, so keep an eye on it and try to keep it clean.

Togg, I will mail you a set of firefighter turn-out gear to do your chores in...but glad it wasn't worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.