Cadence Pharmaceuticals
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
Chiquita Brands
Medtronic

·
Registered
31,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not an exhaustive list but it shows the companies that relocated their headquarters overseas to lower their tax rate.

·
Registered
9,621 Posts
Not an exhaustive list but it shows the companies that relocated their headquarters overseas to lower their tax rate.
Thanks for the list, now I know which companies to never support. What a bunch of ungrateful selfish people. They want all the good stuff America has to offer, all the protections of the best military and justice systems in the world,world class infrastructure, yet don't want to pay for it. Yep, have fun in Galt Gulch, i do hope it comes back to bite ya in the behind.

·
Registered
31,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the list, now I know which companies to never support. What a bunch of ungrateful selfish people. They want all the good stuff America has to offer, all the protections of the best military and justice systems in the world,world class infrastructure, yet don't want to pay for it. Yep, have fun in Galt Gulch, i do hope it comes back to bite ya in the behind.
Just go on and ignore that the good ole USA has the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

·
Registered
21,229 Posts
Just go on and ignore that the good ole USA has the highest corporate tax rate in the world.
Don't even suggest cutting taxes because it drives liberals crazy. Burger King will still pay US taxes on its US profits. Seems perfectly fair to me. Why should they pay high US taxes on profits earned overseas when the US government has absolutely nothing to do with helping them earn those profits? Who in their right mind would pay 35% taxes when they can only pay 15% in Canada? The simple answer is, our tax rate is too high. Our monstrous US government is sucking up every last nickel it can from any source and still running massive deficits. That alone tells you all you need to know.

·
Registered
21,229 Posts
Yeah, those ballistic missile submarines and aircraft carriers aren't going to buy themselves.
Yep, they are expensive. But, ya know what? Defending the country is the primary constitutional role of the federal government. Perhaps if the feds would get their nose out of scores of things that should be state issues, they wouldn't need so much income.

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Hey Greg - you can pay 35% corporate tax then 25% state tax on top of that for crap this administration is doing to the greatest nation in the world.

This is the same reason companies are moving out of NY & Calif. Liberal states want to tax companies 'till they bleed to give the money to the unwashed undeserved. And let me tell ya' it's all in the name of politics.
If you understood economics, you'd realize that companies - especially the smaller ones - are being taxed to death. That's why they go outside the US.

BTW:The US no longer has the best in everything - go look up your own statistics from school ranking to whatever.

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
Yes more and more companies will be doing just that. Until the US gets to be a tax haven instead of a high tax country we see this happening more and more.
We need The FairTax that not only gets rid of there IRS but does away with the 16th amendment and the biggest gain of all it gets rid of Corporate taxes once and for all.~

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Unkle has it all backwards, and the rich still aren't happy.. . Unkle keeps stealing from the little guys, and gives it back to the big guys... Did Robinhood have an ugly step sister?

Anyway, I don't blame BK.. I'd do the same if I could afford to... I'm tired of paying for things I"m not interested in receiving.. like a "safe" place to live...

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,912 Posts
I don't think anybody would be against a tax rate reduction, not just for Corporate America but for everybody. But you have to get the government to slow down the runaway spending long enough. Good luck with that!

And, to some degree, you get what you pay for. These corporations became 900 pound gorillas in America, the whole time paying the going rate for taxes. If they were little startups on the beaches of the Caiman Islands, how far would they have gotten?? Now, they go looking for a tax shelter, but why didn't they cut and run when they were still on the way up? So, there has to be more to it than taxes. Don't give away the store on some knee jerk reaction.

·
Registered
31,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think anybody would be against a tax rate reduction, not just for Corporate America but for everybody. But you have to get the government to slow down the runaway spending long enough. Good luck with that!

And, to some degree, you get what you pay for. These corporations became 900 pound gorillas in America, the whole time paying the going rate for taxes. If they were little startups on the beaches of the Caiman Islands, how far would they have gotten?? Now, they go looking for a tax shelter, but why didn't they cut and run when they were still on the way up? So, there has to be more to it than taxes. Don't give away the store on some knee jerk reaction.
Believe me, its taxes..

·
Registered
8,412 Posts
Hey Greg - you can pay 35% corporate tax then 25% state tax on top of that for crap this administration is doing to the greatest nation in the world.

This is the same reason companies are moving out of NY & Calif. Liberal states want to tax companies 'till they bleed to give the money to the unwashed undeserved. And let me tell ya' it's all in the name of politics.
If you understood economics, you'd realize that companies - especially the smaller ones - are being taxed to death. That's why they go outside the US.

BTW:The US no longer has the best in everything - go look up your own statistics from school ranking to whatever.
That's why I moved my main manufacturing plant to Arizona! !! California is unquestionably the worst state to do business in!

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
They still pay taxes on goods and services sold here. Emotional argument. Not a completely weak argument, though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
The good stuff America has to offer? High taxes, frivolous litigation, over regulation and competing with the welfare state for a workforce. Hmmmmm yeah really bad idea for these companies to try and stay in business. You are right, they should just stay and go bankrupt. Better yet they could move their corporate headquarters to Detroit.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I can not think of a single company or organization that has been started not to make a return on investment. The same principle is true of the sole owner or a member of senior management of a large corp. Burger King is not a non profit company and its profits provide income to your and my investment portfolio. (401K and mutual funds). Yes I expect them to profit driven

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Yeah, those ballistic missile submarines and aircraft carriers aren't going to buy themselves.

So you don't support the Dems, like Feinstein who resigned her Chair from MILCON when they found out that her husband's companies were awarded BILLIONS of dollars in DOD contracts.
YUP those pesky anti war Dems who enrich themselves with Taxpayers dollars from Department of Defense Contracts creating and supplying the war machine...

Typical hypocrisy of the left..Claim to be all anti war / anti war machine, but then put people into office that get rich from supplying the war machine with it's weapons..

Funny how that works and how gullible some truly are....

1 - 20 of 126 Posts