Bumper Stickers

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Jena, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I'm looking for homesteady-type bumper stickers. Things like ''Eat Natural" or "Support Local Farmers" that kind of stuff. I've found a few at internet sticker stores, but they are harder to find than I thought. If anyone knows where I can get some stickers like this, please let me know.

Thanks
    Jena

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

The Canadian co-operative wool growers Co. sells one "Eat Canadian Lamb 20,000 coyotes can't be wrong", but it's pretty specific to folks like me! Maybe we should make one for this site etc.?

3. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

Buy a sticker making kit for home 10 $ I think at the wally world.

mikell

4. savingup

savingup Active Member

Darn, just had a great catalog with PAGES of bumper stickers like you're looking for. Give me a day or tow to find it. I know they have a website.

5. BeaTX

BeaTX Member

I usually just lurk and read all the posts, but I thought I'd let you know Alternatives for Simple Living has some great bumper stickers.
    Some of my favorites:

Support Organic Farmers

Surgoen Generel's Warnig:
    Telivison Promots Iliteracy :D

Consume Less
    Share More

~Bridgett

6. beaglady

beaglady Well-Known Member

Carla Emery has several at her talks...

Picky Eaters Garden

Manure Happens

I also have on that says - No Farms, No Food - got it at a sustainable AG conference.

7. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Northern Sun has a great print catalog and is online as well. The print catalog gets carried around a lot by visitors to our house. It just sucks you in. There are pages of bumper stickers. Find them at NorthernSun.com
    They are out of Minnesota I believe. I have ordered repeatedly from them over the years with great success.

8. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

The wool association used to have a great one:

Real Men Don't Wear Polyester!

And then of course all the outdoor clothes started being made out of synthetics.

Sigh.

9. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

I just picked one up at Tractor Supply: "The only stock I buy is the kind with four legs." :)

10. Oakseed

Oakseed New Member

I saw one the other day that Relates well to our government as well as a few handy men I know. "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"

11. daileyjoy

daileyjoy Well-Known Member

I got 1 from Carla Emery that says Compost Happens

12. cloverfarm

cloverfarm Well-Known Member

Ours says "Got Milk?" Which made DH mad because some small change was subtracted from the milk check to pay for such fluff. We had some interesting conversations about consumers and marketing and advertising.

Ann

13. HollsDolls

HollsDolls Guest

I'm not trying to be a smartie really but, have you tried E-Bay? I'm serious. They have everything.

14. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I did try ebay. didn't find any that I liked, but I'll have to keep checking.

I found some at stickergiant.com, but he had only a few of the ones I liked.

I got a great fridge magnet...a cow and a cutesy baby chick. Cows is saying "Eat Chicken!" Chick is saying "Eat Beef!" I wanted more and was going to offer them for sale with my meat.

The bumper stickers are to add some pizzazz to my ugly gray trailer. I can't afford to get it painted, so I figured that would at least do something with it.

Jena

15. desdawg

desdawg Well-Known Member

I purchased some printing paper at an office supply store that was made specially for the purpose of printing your own bumper stickers. I used it to recreate missing decals on an antique chainsaw I was restoring. Create your own message in a word processing program print it in your own choice of colors, cut it to the desired shape and size and spray on a clear coat sealer available in aerosol cans. Works pretty well.

16. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

I have one on my truck that sez "EARTH FRIST WE'LL LOG THE OTHER PLANET'S LATER"

17. havellostmywings

havellostmywings Well-Known Member

hubby wont let me put bumperstickers on anything................ so, they adorn my computer usually...

I always liked, Dont drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly.

but... I agree with the others.. there are some great kits out there and you can make your own .... you might be able to start your own little business with them

Lynn in Texas

18. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

well, I got my bumperstickers from stickergiant and...

I didn't check sizes cuz I figured a bumpersticker would be bumpersticker size! I was wrong! A few of them are about 1" X 5". Pretty small! Oh well....back to the sticker hunt.

Jena