Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are wanting to purchase bulk seeds. Anyone have information on where to buy with good prices and low shipping? We are in zone 8 and want to plant an acre of white corn and lots of melons.

·
Premium Member
5,654 Posts
Most seed companies will sell larger quantities than pkts.
Small seeds small seeds in fractions of oz.
Feed stores in my area also sell bulk seed. Ck the older feed stores in your area or cont. regional seedsmen. Some catalogs have a page or two with bulk prices.

G

·
0 Posts
I am growing the following melons this year: Tigger Melons, Vert Grimpant melons, Klondike Watermelons, Pony Yellow Watermelons, Golden Midget Melons, Orangeglo Watermelons, Casaba melons, Crenshaw melons, Hearts of Gold melons, Iroquois melons, and Honeydew melons.

I would be delighted to send you a bunch of seeds from any of these melons if you want them. My email is [email protected].

Now if someone can just tell me what to do about the tons of aphids that invade my melons in the dead of summer....!

·
We're gettin' there!
937 Posts
gita: I would try planting the tall Crackerjack Marigolds among your melon patch and see if that helps. I've planted these flowers in between each tomato plant for the last 20 years to repel afids as an "oldtimer" suggested when we first moved here and I've NEVER had a problem with the little critters getting my tomatoes. I've never tried it with melons because I've never had that problem, but it might be worth trying. Good luck!
Heather

·
Registered
114 Posts
We sometimes get aphids on our tomatos. my wife just sprays them off with a hose. I've heard soapy water is supposed to work too.

Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts