bulk seeds

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Hank - Narita, May 12, 2004.

1. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

We are wanting to purchase bulk seeds. Anyone have information on where to buy with good prices and low shipping? We are in zone 8 and want to plant an acre of white corn and lots of melons.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Put 'carolina seed company' into google, lots of good stuff, cheap!

3. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

Most seed companies will sell larger quantities than pkts.
    Small seeds small seeds in fractions of oz.
    Feed stores in my area also sell bulk seed. Ck the older feed stores in your area or cont. regional seedsmen. Some catalogs have a page or two with bulk prices.

4. gita s.

gita s. Guest

I am growing the following melons this year: Tigger Melons, Vert Grimpant melons, Klondike Watermelons, Pony Yellow Watermelons, Golden Midget Melons, Orangeglo Watermelons, Casaba melons, Crenshaw melons, Hearts of Gold melons, Iroquois melons, and Honeydew melons.

I would be delighted to send you a bunch of seeds from any of these melons if you want them. My email is gita@directcon.net.

Now if someone can just tell me what to do about the tons of aphids that invade my melons in the dead of summer....!

5. blhmabbott

blhmabbott We're gettin' there!

gita: I would try planting the tall Crackerjack Marigolds among your melon patch and see if that helps. I've planted these flowers in between each tomato plant for the last 20 years to repel afids as an "oldtimer" suggested when we first moved here and I've NEVER had a problem with the little critters getting my tomatoes. I've never tried it with melons because I've never had that problem, but it might be worth trying. Good luck!
    Heather

6. EricG

EricG Well-Known Member

We sometimes get aphids on our tomatos. my wife just sprays them off with a hose. I've heard soapy water is supposed to work too.

Eric