Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone in British Columbia Canada know where I can buy powdered milk in bulk? I would like the low fat variety, with vitamins added would be fine. Safeway in Vancouver sells it but it is very expensive per small package.

Thank you.

Woodsycabin

P.S. Actually if anyone buys it in bulk for cheap and it is not in Canada I have a daughter living in Portland, Oregon and could get it there. So, the USA would be fine too! Thanks for any help in finding it.

·
Premium Member
15,785 Posts
I buy 4 lb boxes in my local grocery store. It's in the baking aisle. It used to cost $11+ and just took a jump to $14+.

A

·
0 Posts
You probably have at least one restaurant and institutional foods supplier in Vancouver or someplace very near. Give them a call and ask if you can buy a twenty five or fifty pound bag of low-fat dry milk.

It won't come packaged for long-term storage, but if you're willing to do that yourself you likely won't find it any cheaper anywhere.

.....Alan.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Try Save-On Foods they sell powder milk in the bulk section. I have asked them for bulk pickling salt and they gladly sold it to me.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
moldy said:
If you have an Aldi close, their price is about $8 for a large box.
Ah, ya beat me to it! That's were we get our powdered milk...and at that price, it sure beats having to buy the whole milk by the gallon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi,

I want to thank all of you who reached out and helped me locate various suppliers of dry milk powder. I hope I can help someone soon.

Thanks again, Woodsycabin

·
Registered
762 Posts
let us know how you nade out..I,m in Kitimat and can never find stuff like that,,and dry beans.........my kingdom for a bean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts