Building Picnic Tables for Income

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Obser, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

In one of the threads I mentioned that my wife and I made picnic tables commercially, from time to time – for campgrounds, parks and individuals, and that we made money doing so. It might be a reasonable source of income for some homesteaders.

I mentioned that we have an economical design that we will happily share with others. That has generated quite a bit of interest.

I am in the process of re-working what I had drawn out for a friend, with diagrams, instructions and material list. I am typing the instructions to replace my earlier handwriting and re-drawing the diagrams so they will scan properly.

We will happily send the plan via email to anyone who asks. It will take a couple days to get it in shape (working around a “few” other things we are doing -- and spending a "little" time on the forum).

2. albionjessica

albionjessica Hiccoughs after eating

Could you not just post them on this thread? I would love to have some good, working plans for a picnic table as we will have three new porches to utilize very soon and no furniture to put on them.

Does anyone get the Pottery Barn magazines? I would never buy anything out of them (they are charging a bit more than I would be willing to pay), but they have really simple, beautiful furniture. We especially like their picnic table with benches and their summer chaises. Looks like they wouldn't be too hard to build, either.

3. dragonflyz9C

dragonflyz9C Well-Known Member

I would be interested in the plans...I read your other post and thought it was awfully nice to offer them like you did.

jonanhan@msn.com

Thanks,

4. ChickenTracy

ChickenTracy Well-Known Member

I would love to have a copy. My email is tracy67@gmail.com Really appreciate it.:)

5. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Id also like a copy if you don't mind. Insainity@hotmail.com I always look over every pick nick table or anything else i run across thats looks simple enough to make.With the hopes of one day making some to sell at the local flea market.But figuring out angles is not one of my strong points.Sure helps to have a blueprint.

Thanks in advance!

6. porboy298

porboy298 Well-Known Member

7. DakotaBrat

DakotaBrat Well-Known Member

Please put me down for a copy. Need plans for one as we are finally catching up with things from the move. Thanks for the offer. dakatobrat@yahoo.ca :)

8. Obser

The list is growing -- and I'm aworken on on de plans. Be patient.

Note: This is not a "canned" plan but a design that we worked out ourselves and drew out for a friend. Getting that in shape to send to you folks takes a bit of re-drawing and replacing hand written instructions with type.

9. Kshobbit

Kshobbit Well-Known Member

I would really like a set of the plans too. kansashobbit@yahoo.com
    It is so very kind and generous of you to share, thank you. :clap:

10. LiL OHNNL

LiL OHNNL Well-Known Member

Can I also get a copy of your plans? I think this is a great thing that you are offering to all of us on here. Most people nowadays would be looking to make some money off of these plans. We just moved in here over the winter and I was looking for some outdoor furiniture but everything is so expensive. My email is jd525420@aol.com
    Thanks again
    John

11. Dec429

Dec429 Well-Known Member

Obser, I would love to have a copy of the plan please!
    dcox429@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Don

12. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member Supporter

13. dseng

dseng Member

Obser,

I'd love to have a copy of your plans - we were just sitting on our deck last night saying to each other that it should would be nice if we had some furniture out there rather than trying to eat and keep the plates away from the dogs while sitting on the deck! :)

Thanks!
    Dave

email - dgseng@yahoo.com

14. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Do you do any of those plywood picnic tables with slots that disassemble into a few pieces that can be stowed flat and assemble by slipping slot A into slot B? I need one of those for camping.

15. jadedhkr

jadedhkr Well-Known Member

16. djb473

djb473 Well-Known Member

ill take a set also thanks a million.....djb473@yahoo.com.....dave....

17. Wildtim

Wildtim Well-Known Member

love a set too.

18. logbuilder

logbuilder Well-Known Member

Here is a picture of a picnic table that is on my list of things to build. Anyone like it?

Robert

[​IMG]

19. Obser

Jan Doling, I know the table system that you describe, but have not made one and do not have plans. They might be available somewhere on-line. If you find a URL, you might post it for others.

20. Obser

Logbulder, that is a GREAT table. Would it be practical and economical for those not in the log/lumber/milling business? Would special skills or experience be necessary?