Building bookcases today

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Westwood, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

Haven't had much time to work on the house lately what with weddings, funerals and new babies, so we're building bookcases this weekend. When we get the time, we'll build glass doors for them. The bottom part of the doors will have a panel of the same material as the backing. That's where Don's HUGE CD collection will live.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other bookcase for the left side of the windows will be completed tomorrow. We've had our "stuff" stored in boxes so long we don't remember what all we have to put in them!

2. beginnerfarmer

beginnerfarmer Well-Known Member

That is some nice work.

3. Jerngen

Jerngen Perpetually curious! Supporter

4. Helena

Helena Well-Known Member

Very nice in deed !! I'm alway at my husband for another book shelf. Perhpas I should give away some of the books !! Sort of off the subject here and excuse me if some do take offense ..but a few years back in MENS magazine they had an article on bookshelves that ..hmmm....were actually a coffin for when you die. Now..they actually looked very nice and then you could just "recycle" them when you needed them. I don't know..I thought it was a good idea but everyone else thought it was morbid. :shrug:

5. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

Ummmm, they're 4 ft wide. Alright! I can grow into them!!! :p