Building a barn

Discussion in 'How-To Threads of the past' started by bmhughes89, Jun 11, 2017.

1. bmhughes89

bmhughes89 Member

So I'm looking to build a barn for my wood working, feed and hay storage and tools/tractor equipment. My fathers an architect and a wood worker and I'm pretty handy with wood myself, so I have the building part down pretty well. My question is for people with a barn they have built or refurbished themselves, or someone's dream barn ideas. It's going to be a 24 x 32 (roughly) in your standard tobacco barn style. (I was thinking about doing a crib barn, but I feel like I can make it into a crib barn down the road if need be.) looking for opinions on lofts, work bench ideas (I was thinking of having my current work bench in there and having a table bolted to the wall on hinges that I can fold down to extend the table. Any ideas will help. Will probably start work on the barn when the fall/winter comes so it's not so damn hot out. Haha. Thanks!

2. RonM

RonM Well-Known Member

Build aa pole barn, cover it with metal sides and roof, large doors on a slide rail, a ccouple windows, concrete floor, then place your workbench where it best suits and be done with it, I would go a little bigger than 24x32....