BTW, ???????, In The Belt

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by NWSneaky, Jul 26, 2005.

1. NWSneaky

NWSneaky Well-Known Member

I am in the, 'Central Corn/Bean Belt', --- N. Missouri. -------- we are enjoying/enduring well-over 2" of rain and a 20 degree reduction in temperature. 'WE' call this, "The billion dollar rain".

To keep all in the form of a question and to keep all technocrats satisfied, 'Do you have a clue the impact of timely rain on the Nations' economy, AND have you been blessed by this rain?'

TIA.

2. logcabn

logcabn Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if we got the same rain as you up here in NB canada but friday night we got over and inch of rain in less than an hour, I know this because my close basket was out on the stoop and it overflowed the bottom of it. The town spent 2 day with a backhoe scraping the gravel off the roads. But the garden seems to enjoy it, not so much for me we could not even see 20 feet to a blue spruce in the front yard but its better than snow you don't have to shovel.

3. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

hey sneaky! glad to hear you got some rain! once long ago cursed the rain when we had to much.twoyears of drought cured that! can hear the corn,soy ,sorgum and farmers sighing in relief.hope its another bin buster! :rock:

4. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

We got some of that much needed rain today. I could see my crops nearly jumping out of the ground and grabbing those raindrops.