BRRRR! did someone say snow?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by prairiecomforts, Oct 17, 2006.

1. prairiecomforts

prairiecomforts Well-Known Member

It snowed here for the first time today! Started about 4 in the morning. Snowed off and on all day. I suppose we have about 6 inches on the ground right now. This is the real wet heavy stuff. I know it won't stick around - tomoorrow it is suppost to be about 45 out, so we will get rid of some it. It is just so depressing to think that winter is just around the corner. There is still so much to do before really cold weather is here for good. Sorry - just had to complain a little!

2. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

Yes, someone did say snow! At least here in Denver. Mountains got up tp 18 inches in some places yesterday. here in the city it was wet heavy flakes that melted on contact all day, but started to accumlimnate around 5pm. A couple of inches, it's cold out right now!
    I was outside in the wet snow/ rain yesterday afternoon plucking the last of the raspberries, nice treat for this mornings yogurt.

3. TerriA

TerriA Well-Known Member

Right now, we are getting our first bit of snow... was raining all night, turned to sleet for a bit and now snow.. I HATE winter!!!

I live an hour NW of Omaha.. but the weatherman is saying that Omaha probably won't get cold enough for the snow today..

Terri

4. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

:eek: :help:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not yet!!! I'm not ready!!!!

5. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

Can we trade places?? We have an expected high of 83 today.........I'm eager for some cold weather.

6. cwgrl23

cwgrl23 Chief Vegtable Grower :) Supporter

It is snowing here right now! Has been most of the night and is supposed to continue most of the day.

Just another balmy day in South Dakota!

Carrie in South Dakota

7. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

No, I don't use that word. Around here it's referred to as the four letter S word...we don't use it! :nono:

8. nodak3

nodak3 Well-Known Member Supporter

Woke up to white on the trees and grass, but it is gone now. The icicles on the garage looked so cold! But, we didn't get pounded like Springs.

9. WildernesFamily

WildernesFamily Milk Maid

Yup, we went out this morning to play in our newly fallen (yesterday) snow! Had *just* enough for the kids to sled down the hill and make a small snowman :)

We love snow :)

10. northstarpermie

northstarpermie Well-Known Member

Up here, from June to Sept, it's called "white rain". The rest of the year it's called "snow".

We've had flurries all day. Nothing staying, ground is too warm. In about a week, it will stay until March or April.