Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my BroncoII I had a caliper go bad (start to lock up/not release). Changed caliper, went to pump brakes to bleed them. Pedal went almost to the floor,kind of over center and wont come back up the whole way. I can pump fluid out of the new caliper but have no brakes what so ever. Any ideas?
Thanks. Tom

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
You have air trapped in the system. Get a set of these http://www.jegs.com/p/Russell/74447...eeder+screws&gclid=CP_4-fW735cCFQWcnAodI3NkCw for the Bronco II. It makes bleeding brakes a snap. Brake fluid needs changed just like other oils in the vehicle and it will prolong the life of the brake system. If the caliper would not retract you may should have changed the flex line at the wheel. Sometimes that flex line will break loose inside and act as a check valve, opening when pressure is applied and closing not letting the caliper retract when the pressure is released.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was the booster. Changed it, bled the brakes and I'm back in business.
Tom

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
tomstractormag
I am glad that you have the brakes repaired. However, a booster alone will not impart a situation where there is a no brake condition as you posted. With a bad booster you should have still had brakes, just unassisted "power" brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts