Broken Black Lines

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Sinenian, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Sinenian

Sinenian Well-Known Member

This was my friends Question - I post from his computer.

He is in the process of getting his own Name.

You may see me posting around sometimes at his house, but I can't post from my house (No internet on our computer).

I was posting a lot here, but I have gotten most of my questions out there and answered. Thanks everyone!

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't really know. The answer, to your inquerie, But there are several good books at the liabrary that you can read will get you the information you want

3. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

Yes, you CAN get broken blacks from that cross. I got it from a black buck and tort doe. At least one rabbit MUST carry broken, but don't be alamed if it doesn't show in the pedigree, as 99.9% of rabbits do. Even most NZ carry broken, but REW is a good masker.

Hollands are a nice breed, but a very high end breed, as well as a very difficult breed. Look for the best lines you can afford. Honestly, I'd build off of a good single line, and then get a line from many crosses(Ie: begin with Campo, which is a strong line with little influence from other lines and the Cheri Dino line which is new and has top lines in it(Wardlow, Vanecek, etc).

Cheri has done very good with her rabbits in this area, including 2 BIS(with 2 different rabbits) last weekend. Her rabbitry is Southern Stars rabbitry in Pollock, LA. She has a website, but it may not be far on the top of search lists.