Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my leg and am having a hard time geting around, I have the alternator to the car on the kitchen table, after pulling it out tonight and replacing it with a used one I thought worked, It didn't. Martha is very sick, so I go to a friends to get some meds so she can breath enought to get her through the night, so I can take her to the hospitable in the morning, and the drive shilft falls out of my truck. My truck is 4 miles from my house, no car running. But Martha is breathing better and resting now. My leg is so painfull from walking on it that I can't sleep. What a day. It just fell apart about 5 this afternoon. I am lost.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I hope there will soon come a day when you can look back on this thread, and actually be able to see the humor in you're having written lyrics to a money making country western song.

Hope things are better today for you and Martha.

Marlene

·
Very Dairy
14,609 Posts
What kind of car, what kind of alternator? Maybe someone has a spare laying around ...

Wish I was close enough to help. :(

·
Premium Member
19,987 Posts
I'm so sorry! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a honda CRX I have the car runing, but the battery light stays on. Got an inhalant from a friend, Martha is doing better. If the car will hold a charge we will be going to the doctor in the AM for Martha. I guess things just fall apart all at once for us. I have been siting on my but, scooting down the row picking green beens, puting them up has been hard, but what a delight. We just got a short shower here, and I know every thing is growing well. I hate that my leg is so messed-up right now.

·
winding down
3,471 Posts
Sue, you're a tough woman. I hope Martha appreciates you. (I'm quite sure she does!) But, don't forget amongst all the care you're giving, to give some to yourself! You need it, too!

Hugs for you,
Meg

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Sue, you would put earlier pioneer women to shame :) Hope ya'll get a good report from the doctor. How many more weeks do you have in the cast? Nothing like summer in a case tright :(

Hugs,
Marlene

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
I can't believe what you are doing! Hope things take a turn for the upswing each day! Don't weaken! But get some rest!

As my mother used to say, "You're going to put yourself into an early grave."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts