Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ugh, I knew I should wait until this morning to proofread and then publish. I was trying to finish up the post past my bedtime when I was tired. I had to go back and fix typos, awkward sentences etc.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
LC,
Thanks for taking the time to document your progress for the rest of us. I am very interested in your project and will be following your progress closely, keep in touch. Those hens you have made look very good in the pictures, along with the rooster. I think you will really be onto something, if you can get them to duplicate true. I intend to get started with my own crosses this winter and next spring, but being able to benefit from your investment and head start would certainly be worth it to me, so let me know when you are ready to profit from your work, as I would certainly be interested.

·
Premium Member
6,491 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun, I hope they turn out well. I don't do chickens, but perhaps you will be able to share some of your eggs around, so that if something happens to your breeding stock, your work won't be lost. :)

·
Crazy Canuck
4,172 Posts
I find this very interesting because my BCMs grew almost as fast as the cornish crosses did, so I'll be keeping a couple of the pullets for breeding to my BCM roo.

·
Crazy Canuck
4,172 Posts
I find this very interesting because my BCMs grew almost as fast as the cornish crosses did, so I'll be keeping a couple of the pullets for breeding to my BCM roo.

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's an interesting project. I've always wanted to do something like this - crossing broilers with more hardy chickens. That way you can get a fast-growing chicken that's more hardy than all these commercial broilers.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have one of the fast growing strains!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts