Brindle Chihuahua

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Catbird, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Catbird

Catbird Well-Known Member

I just recently got a brindle chihuahua .She is a year old now Both of her parents are also brindles.She is a bit shy ,but she is comming out of it ,so that is good.She is going to be real spoiled by me. LoL
    [​IMG]

2. GoldenMom

GoldenMom Well-Known Member

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Make sure you expose her to as many different situations as possible, especially since you say she is a little shy anyway. Play "pass the dog" when you have friends around so that she learns that it's okay for someone other than mom and dad to handle her. A training class is never a bad idea, if one's available in your area. Take lots of pictures and HAVE FUN!

3. Breezie

Breezie Active Member

Adorable pup! I don't believe I've ever seen a brindle Chi, but I have to say that I like it. Have fun with your new baby!

4. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

WOW! What a great homestead dog! I bettcha your chickens feel safe now.

5. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

They are tuff little guys,think they are great danes.That mistaken belief got ours killed,but he was a great little fella.Miss him.

BooBoo

6. kppop

kppop Well-Known Member

I have 2 chi's..one fawn and black and tan..those brindles sure are cute!! You will have alot of fun with your chi and thanks for posting the pictures.

kppop

7. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Froo-Froo, the homestead dog, is our hero. He is the best homestead dog there ever was! He is worth his weight in gold….all fourteen ounces of him.

Did I ever tell ya about the time the cattle stampeded during one heck of a thunderstorm? Darkness filled the sky and then came the earsplitting crack of lightening! The leader of the herd broke rank and started runnin’ for the fenceline, in a matter of seconds the rest followed him. They ran right thru the bobwahr fence. The thunder of their poundin’ hooves was deafening! Through the the glimpses I caught every time a bolt of lightening went thru the sky, I could see Froo-Froo runnin’ at top speed. He had the leader of the herd dead-for-rights in his sights. That homestead dog caught the leader, nippin’ at his heels and yappin’ for all he was worth. Well, to make a long story short, Froo-Froo turned the herd back into itself and stopped the stampede!

I would sure miss Froo-Froo. He follows me all day long while I’m on the tractor. He pulls snakes outa their holes and kills them…same with the pocket gophers….he’s always helpful like that on the ol’ homestead.

Froo-Froo, the homestead poodle, is a great hunting dog, too. He can find grouse in the thickest, deepest coverts. He just freezes and points! He’s an expert at treein’ coons and other varmints. And waterfowl huntin’, he jumps right in after those downed ducks and geese without any hesitation. Sometimes, he has little problem bustin’ thru the thin lake ice on a cold November morning, but that’s okay.

But last night was horrible! Ya see, my homestead dog never sleeps, every night Froo-Froo is out there patrolling the perimeter or our farmyard, keeping the predators at bay. But last night proved too be too much for our hero. A whole pack of wild-eyed, starvin’ coyotes came sauntering in the farmyard looking for a free chicken and goat dinner! Heck, them durn critters never knew what hit ‘em when Froo-Froo attacked! It was one hess of mess, that thar fight last night in the chicken coop! All I could see was dust and blood a flyin’ everywhere. The sound of Froo-Froo’s ferocious yap echoed through the cold night air. Froo-Froo fought off all five of those ‘yotes, killin’ three o’ them, but I fear he might me mortally wounded. :waa: