breeding?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Caren, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Caren

Caren Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a Nubian Lancha cross (Abigail) that I have been waiting to get a buck for her until I could Get my Nigerian Dwarf/ Sannan doeling (Maggie) bred. Well today I dropped her off to a breeder for a few days and now I am wondering if it is to late for Abigail to be bred. I still milk her so I was afraid to take her any place to leave. The neighbor guy has nigerian pygmy crosses that I says I can borrow a buck from him for Abigail.

What do you think? Am I to late?

Caren

2. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

If she is one of those goats that can breed all year round, and get pregnant at any time of the year, like ALL of ours are for some reason, then yeah, just wait for her to go into heat again. Good Luck, bye.

3. chamoisee

chamoisee Well-Known Member

My Alpines are seasonal breeders and so far I've only bred a few of them. They will keep coming into heat for anothr month or two yet. So I do think that you have some time left, especially since she is Nubian/La Mancha.

4. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

You should still have time to get your goat bred. My friend actually had a dairy goat kid last August. I breed mine through the beginning of February when I have younger does.