Breeding Stock.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by james dilley, Dec 24, 2006.

1. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

I may be able to purchase A few young rabbits that are weaned. The breeder Lives across the street from my new house. I also Am thinking about going up to Texas A&M in Kingsville after New Years ,After I sell my house trailer thats on the Market. I was thinking 2 does and A buck plus A few young from across the street. Planning on putting the rabbits in Cages under the Mesquite trees. If all goes acording to plans. Any thoughts???

2. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

James, are you thinking about getting Altex?

3. james dilley

Yes thats what I was thinking. The cost is just $25.00 Each. And If I do get them I go thru Kingsville to see the Dr. in Corpus Christi Texas.

4. farmergirl

farmergirl Well-Known Member Supporter

James,
    I've entertained the idea of adding rabbits to our farm. We're near Austin. I was thinking of setting up a long row of pens at ground level, similar to a chicken tractor. I'm not sure on how many I would need to start with or what breed to get. The place I have to put them is southern exposure but has shade from the oak trees. Any suggestions?

5. james dilley

JUst One Talk to the folks who are making it work. Talk to Texas A&M in Kingsville. And read the PRMBA web site. Because what might work for one might not for another.