Breeding is DONE!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Oct 3, 2006.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Well kidding season is as folllows

Ramsey Allen – Bred: 9/14/06 Due: 2/10/07
    Brandy - Bred: 9/15/06 Due: 2/11/07
    Tidbit - Bred: 9/16/06 Due: 2/12/07
    Vanilla – Bred 9/24/06 Due: 2/20/07
    Ricoalette – Bred: 9/25/06 Due: 2/21/07
    Surprise – Bred: 9/25/06 Due: 2/21/07 (??????)
    Trinket – Bred: 9/25/06-9/30/06 Due: 2/21/07-2/26/07 (???????)
    Toshanah - Bred: 9/25/06-9/30/06 Due: 2/21/07-2/26/07 (???????)
    Meagen – Bred 9/30/06 Due: 2/26/07
    Willow – Bred: 10/6/06 Due: 3/4/07
    Winnie - Bred: 9/30/06 Due: 3/1/07
    Rainy - Bred: 10/4/06 Due: 3/2/07

Some girls are not FOR SURE bred meaning I didn't SEE them get bred but I went by tail gunk. The ones not for sure are question marked and one doe is unknown on her exact date only that she is probably due in Feb. but no earlier. ALL FEB. KIDS! My mom still has her two does that need breed but I am all done and will be having Feb. kids if everybody sticks :p :) . YAY!

MotherClucker
    EDITED: Added Winnie and put down new for sure date on Willow and added Rainy.

2. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

We only bred two does this year. They were bred between the 9th and 16th of September.
    It is going to be weird this year with only two does bred.

3. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Done!!?? Golly, I just got started.

Ruth

4. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

If I send a bus ticket, can your buck come over and service my ladies. Libby is giving my ex DH the hairy eyeball. She follows him around making those little come hither noises. She's giving him the creeps. LOL.

5. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

The Boers are all bred for January and since the sale on them fell through, looks like I will still have them at that time. Trying to decide if I am happy about that or not..... :nerd:

I have 40 dairy does bred to kid during a two week window in February......if they all took to their first heat that is. But thats just the beginning. I'm hoping to have the rest of the adult does bred for March and then all doelings bred for April. We'll see how it goes......congrats on being done!!

6. computerchick

computerchick Keeper of the Zoo

Wow. I stagger my kiddings out because there's no way I could handle that many does at 2-3 kids each at once!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!!

Mine are slated starting Halloween through February right now.

Still 'groping' my Oct/Nov does and checking udders daily. They're sick of me!

Andrea

7. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Wow, I haven't even started yet!

Of course, the dry yearling that I would like to breed first is showing no signs of heat whatsoever. :grump: I let her out with the young Saanen buckling who is going to be her "date" and she would rather play at headbutting.

8. Tana Mc

Tana Mc Well-Known Member Supporter

Almost done here, too. I AI-ed 5 does so I am on pins and needles to see if they caught.
    I've got 3 more Ai candidates due in heat in two weeks. I bought semen and had it shipped to me. It arrived a day after these girls were in heat..... I haven't decided if I am going to wait on a natural heat or give them a shot and bring them back in.
    Hey Ruth-- my preg tone came back today all re-calibrated and ready to go. My vet wants to try it out on her herd of boer cross does.
    Tana Mc

9. Kathy'sKID

Kathy'sKID Kelly in Nebraksa

We haven't started yet either, but will in about a week, then stager it until the last breedings in Jan. making the latest kiddings in June . . . I just hope everything goes as planed. :rolleyes:

10. dosthouhavemilk

dosthouhavemilk Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats and lucky you! Here's hoping they all took!

We start kidding in less than a month (purchased a doe who was already bred), but kidding season serisouly begins with four does due the 22nd and 23rd of December. Then from January 1st until January 31st there are about 18 due. Maybe one due in Feberuary (though I hope she was showing a false heat and is actually due in January)....and I still have 20+ to breed for March kiddings. I don't really want April kids, but I'll deal with it if I have to.
    Ah, to be done breeding. It would be nice!

11. GoldenWood Farm

Well starting today is when girls should be coming back into heat if they didn't take...so far so good nobody is in a rearing heat yet *crosses fingers and knocks on wood*. I just added another doe named Winnie...she is Willow's younger sister and WASN'T supposed to be bred just yet but her father (yes her FATHER) had other plans :hobbyhors :nono: :flame: .

So now she is due 3/1/07 if she took. I am PRAYING everybody took at the first breeding.....I don't want at all any later babys. What happened last year is I had to use many different bucks. This year I used very heavly my La Mancha buck.

MotherClucker
    ps: Roseanna I don't know HOW on earth you can deal with that many kidding out...

12. Raftercat5

Raftercat5 Kathy in S. Carolina

Tana Mc: I'm intrigued....what kind of shot do you give goats to bring them in heat? I've been watching one of my goats for heat, but can't see anything different. The other goat was definitely in heat a couple of weeks ago, but we wanted her to be bred second, not first. (long story). Her vulva was puffed out and pink. She never kidded yet, and is over a yr. old. Her sister kidded with twins for the first time last year, but we can't detect heat in her. I'd consider giving her a shot of whatever that brings her in heat. I don't want to keep her at the breeder for 3 weeks "just to be sure" she took. We're considering getting a buck so we don't have to transport our girls 2 hr. drive to breeder.
    - Kathy

13. GoldenWood Farm

Epp.....well I just added another doe and changed a due date. Looks to me as if Brandy and Ramsey have stuck (tidbit probably also) and Willow came back into heat for sure so Vert-Tinos bred her. Now she is due 3/4/07 and then I added Rainy who is due 3/2/07 :rolleyes: .

Boy shall I be busy.....now here's to hoping EVERYBODY else sticks.

MotherClucker
    ps: Sorry..not many people to share this with :help: .

14. computerchick

computerchick Keeper of the Zoo

I completely understand (the happiness of having settled does and no one to shout about it to!) My hubby thinks (knows?) I"m nuts.

BTW, I had a dream last night that my one polled doe who is looking quite preggo (she hasn't 'stuck' for over a year, now all of a sudden - so of course I have no idea when she's due) had 5 kids ROFL

Andrea