Breeding has started

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Sep 9, 2006.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Well we traded bucks. So now True Blue (buck I am borrowing) has Brandy , Meagen, Trinket , and Willow in with him. And Vert-Tinos got put in his pen with three of his girls. Toshanah, Vanilla, and Ramsey Allen.

Willow looks to be coming in heat along with Vanilla MAYBE coming in heat. But Willow is flagging and swollen.

Pen 1.
    True Blue - Nigerian dwarf buck
    Willow - 75% LaMancha yearling
    Meagen - 50% LaMancha yearling
    Brandy - 50% LaMancha 4yr old
    Trinket - pure LaMancha 2yr old

Pen 2.
    Vert-Tinos - Yearling LaMancha buck
    Ramsey Allen - 75% Boer 4yr old
    Toshanah - pure LaMancha 2yr old
    Vanilla - pure LaMancha yearling

I don't think I will be using Toyland this year. There is one more doe planned to be bred to either Toyland or Vert-tinos (which ever is fine with me) as the kids are going to be meat kids.

I have pictures but am to tired to fiddle with putting them up right now :rolleyes: . I am going to go wash off the buck stink now.

MotherClucker

2. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Breeding season is quite fun and exciting. I have my plans all figured out too:

Registered Lamancha Buck "Kelton" will breed these LaManchas:

Sugar
    Spice
    Francis
    Glennis
    Agnes

FullBlood Boer "Old Timer" will beed these Boers and LaBoers, If I sell this buck, then Kelton gets more women :)

Gennie
    Snow White
    Zsa Zsa
    Fiona

And a friend's MiniMancha buck will breed these MiniManchas

Splash
    Ice

3. GoldenWood Farm

Man I wish I had some mini mancha does to breed this year :Bawling: :Bawling: . I want everybody to be BRED! Lol and it has just been 4 days :rolleyes: . Although I only have True Blue for about 3 weeks so he is on a time limit...so girls come in heat or else :hobbyhors .

I am writing notes like CRAZY right now about each doe so I don't miss anything. Hmm..maybe I should take pictures of their vulvas to compare :rolleyes: ....then again maybe not :p . I am not THAT far gone yet.

MotherClucker
    ps: What where Keltons lines again? I forgot...I know you got him from a member on here but her name escapes me right now :shrug: .

4. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

We bought Kelton from qvrfullmidwife (LeeAnne) here in Texas

Here is a link. I could not get his pedigree to come up on this forum, url too long??? So go to this link and put in: "LaMancha" "Buck" and "Kelton" (Name "CONTAINS" not "begins with")

FAIRWOODS HOUSTON'S KELTON

and his pedigree should come up

www.adgagenetics.org/PedigreeSearch.aspx

Let me know if it doesn't work

5. GoldenWood Farm

Hmmm I like his lines :) . I like Little-Orchards herd a lot. I have a doe who has WINTERWOOD'S THE MEDICINE MAN as her great great grandsire also. Do you have any pictures of Kelton perchance? (I love looking at other peoples bucks...I know I am weird :shrug: ).

MotherClucker

6. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

I have a couple, but I will have to wait til tomorrow til my hubby can get it on here...I am a bit of a duntz with the puter pics! I hope I don't forget....Anyway, Kelton is quite stylish. And his temperment is great! We wormed him last weekend and even though he was in full rutt, he was a complete gentleman. Then he went and hid behind his barn and pouted. Our other buck would have tried to get us good, but Kelton, what a nice guy!