Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks, I bred my first 2 NZ does at 6 months but, have picked up a 3rd who is two months old. I was thinking of breeding her at 4 months.
Is that a smart move or should I wait till she is 6 months? Will she run a high chance of not taking care of her babies if I breed her that soon? If yal can give some advice on the positive and negative of breeding at 4 months VS. 6 months I'd appreciate it. Thank's, Brad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Production breeders will breed a doe at 4 months and there is nothing wrong with that, but if you are not breeding to sell, then you could wait a couple of months until the rabbit is more mature. She may last longer that way. jmo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks, I would like to get her into productio as soon as possible but want big healthy litters with little danger to the doe. Brad
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top