Bred Cows For Sale

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Jena, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

We have 20 head of Simmental cows, age 5 and up. All calved this year, just like every other year. Most will calve Feb/Mar, some a bit later (we know who should calve when).

These are good old girls, but we have to make room for the new heifers. We'd like to see them go back to a farm as they should keep producing for at least a few more years. If you've been dying to have a cow...now's your chance!

Price is $850 and up, depending on their age.

Jena

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Jena; How heavy are those girls? A big Simmie cow would be worth about that much to go to the butcher shop. Good luck. You gotta be busier than a one armed paper hanger with the itch!

3. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

We took five into the sale barn. Average weight was 1492. One was over 1600 and we got over $1000 for her.

This is supposed to be a secret, but my husband is very attached to some of them. He had a real hard time hauling those five in. He has basically had a closed herd for about 20 years and has raised all of these. He wants to sell them because we need to make room for heifers in the herd, but it's nicer to sell them back to a farm than to slaughter.

There is one "jumping $#%^#", as he puts it. When we get her caught, she will be my next burger cow.

Jena

4. Kathryn L.Holck

Kathryn L.Holck Active Member

Jena:

If I had the money and the pasture I would buy some in a heartbeat. Where is the location? Are they registered? I have 3 registered Simmies. I love their disposition. One will calf for the first time in Dec. The other 2 will be 2nd calf. Cannot wait for a 4-legged Christmas present.

5. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

I am in East Central Illinois. Some of them are registered, all of them could be, but my husband is awful about doing the paperwork.

Jena